Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright here is my question, I recently got a Ti-force slip-on and a pc111usb w/ a map for my 04. Should I have it dyno tuned, or will it be ok w/ just putting it on and going w/ it? They told me that just because there is a map that it probably isn't for this area, and that I won't get the full potential out of it. Is this true? Any help on this subject would be greatly apprciated.:confused:

· Registered
357 Posts
Personnally I would wait. Order the parts if u like, break the bike in with stock exhaust, get used to it's power and so forth. Then once u have it broke in, DYNO the bike stock, then install your items, DYNO again, then fine tune it and another DYNO.

That way you'll actually see and experience the changes your upgrades entail and see how it enhances your performance.

However, many guys (on this forum) who I have great respect for, have upgraded and changed things right off with no ill effects and they love it.

My major change for now is going to the 16 tooth front. Trust me, I experienced over 600 miles on the OEM 17 tooth, and it's NOT for me. :)

All in all I don't think you can go wrong and there are ample guys on this forum that can help you out with advice, walk thrus and help.

Enjoy your bike. I love mine.

Tarl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.