Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2013 yamaha r1 with pcv, bmc air filter , euro airbox mod, and two bros m-2 dual slip-on. i decided i want the graves link y-pipe, but i cant find a map for this set-up. i emailed dynojet and they suggested map 22-054-007 would be the closest. what should i do? i'm not going to be able to do a dyno tune anytime soon. it would be a waste of money to do it right now. and i'm having trouble finding a place anyways. any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

· The Dovahkiin
1,036 Posts
Just load it up and see how it feels. It takes less than a minute. If you don't like it, load another. You end up not liking any of them, go back to stock, though, I'm sure their suggested map will feel better than stock.

Having to adjust stuff will come when getting a proper tune. If you are looking for something in the interim, load up what they suggested.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
if you find you are not the happiest with the map you download, or find it runs a bit rich its something i've seen from other 'downloaded' maps, they can be tweaked manually but its best if you do some research in the matter... I downloaded a couple different FULL EXHAUST maps which would match my new setup and found both of them had +10s written in the lower TPS % columns in lower RPMs, i ran with this setup while viewing my AFR with a POD300 display and found it ran pig rich off the line, auto-tune made suggestions and they were consistently removing the extra fuel so i zeroed out all the boxes which said +10 in the 5 and 10%TPS columns (at low rpm as rest on said columns were all zero), while changing the 2%tps column values to +5 and found the mix, as well as the bikes ride-ability improved greatly... running AUTO-TUNE is a great idea if you find your bike is running pig rich, and it should be evident by a strong smell of gasoline. Its something to be aware of as most will just keep swapping maps only to find they all contain similar extreme adjustments which are unnecessary. do a search on here for both auto-tune and pod 300 for more relevant information, i've posted just about everything i've learned from a couple tuners along with info passed on by Dynojet Research themselves :thumbup

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you find you are not the happiest with the map you download, or find it runs a bit rich its something i've seen from other 'downloaded' maps, they can be tweaked manually but its best if you do some research in the matter... I downloaded a couple different FULL EXHAUST maps which would match my new setup and found both of them had +10s written in the lower TPS % columns in lower RPMs, i ran with this setup while viewing my AFR with a POD300 display and found it ran pig rich off the line, auto-tune made suggestions and they were consistently removing the extra fuel so i zeroed out all the boxes which said +10 in the 5 and 10%TPS columns (at low rpm as rest on said columns were all zero), while changing the 2%tps column values to +5 and found the mix, as well as the bikes ride-ability improved greatly... running AUTO-TUNE is a great idea if you find your bike is running pig rich, and it should be evident by a strong smell of gasoline. Its something to be aware of as most will just keep swapping maps only to find they all contain similar extreme adjustments which are unnecessary. do a search on here for both auto-tune and pod 300 for more relevant information, i've posted just about everything i've learned from a couple tuners along with info passed on by Dynojet Research themselves :thumbup
thanks for the help :thumbup

· I RACE U LOSE
4,145 Posts
Get the Autotune..:yesnod

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just called that one shop i was talking about. $300 for the first map, then another $200 for the second map. $300 seems fair. but an additional $200 for a second map seems kinda steep. i woulda expected like an additional $50 for the second map. i mean, i head of people getting the extra for like $20 - $30 . i feel like this guy might be taking advantage of being one of the few dyno tuners in my area. imma have to ask around. someone i know should know a good place. probly in miami though smh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.