Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that we have a section for stuff like this.

I want to put some E-Track in my trailer to keep things from moving around during transport, but I'd like to put it in only once. I'd hate to put a bunch in, and then see a different setup and "Ohhh man, that way is MUCH better".

So post up how/where you're using any E-Track in your trailers.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
I spend a whopping $20 on mine... If I had to do it again I would have just moved the 2 foot panel forward a bit. I bolted mine into the steel side wall tubes.

·
Super Moderator
24,485 Posts
Buy a pitbull trailer restraint system and there is zero need to tie down the bike.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Buy a pitbull trailer restraint system and there is zero need to tie down the bike.
Do you use a front wheel chock, or anything else? I would feel uneasy trusting my bike to one restraint, but I haven't seen one in person either. It would be amazing if that really was all that you needed.

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you use a front wheel chock, or anything else? I would feel uneasy trusting my bike to one restraint, but I haven't seen one in person either. It would be amazing if that really was all that you needed.
A buddy I race with hit a crazy wind storm and it literally blew his trailer on its side on the highway. The bike was still sitting there unscathed when the trailer got put back on its wheels.

·
Super Moderator
24,485 Posts
I saw it... my last post was more sarcastic in nature. :crash

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
A buddy I race with hit a crazy wind storm and it literally blew his trailer on its side on the highway. The bike was still sitting there unscathed when the trailer got put back on its wheels.
:surprise: What?? How did the front end not flip up? Didn't it warp the swingarm or anything? No extra tie-downs or restraints? I'd love to see pics if he still has them. I would be willing to bet that Pitbull would be willing to pay him for those pics. I can't imagine better advertising than that.

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The front didn't flip up. It stayed hooked on to the ball. It flipped on to its side and pulled his SUV sideways to a stop in the middle of the highway.

He didn't get any pics of the bike while it was on its side (hindsight), but this was the damage from the storm.

He didn't hit anything to cause that damage to the windshield either. That's how bad the hail was.

And nope. No damage to the bike whatsoever after. He proceeded to get a 2nd and a 3rd in different championships the same season on the same bike.

Attachments

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
The Pitbull is awesome no doubt, but the price point is a bit steep as well. I am using the Harbor Freight wheel chock ($50) and $20 worth of e-track. I doubt it would survive the trailer flipping over as mentioned, but here is hoping that doesn't happen to me. :D

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, the price was very hard to swallow for the first one. But after 4 years and countless times using them, I think I've yet to use it without "Man these are awesome" as it just rolls and clicks into place. I now have 3 of them for the trailer, and got some custom pins done for the dirtbike as well.

Which is why I'm looking for some potential trick setups for trailer organization. The Pitbull makes everything so quick and easy, so hopefully some well laid out e-track will add to the fact as well.

·
Roadclosed racing Instructor
738 Posts
another +1 for Pitbull TRS system. i love mine.

And @YZF-Rich your strap set up is nuts. I'd definitely re do that if I were you but if it works whatever.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
And @YZF-Rich your strap set up is nuts. I'd definitely re do that if I were you but if it works whatever.
LOL! I know, right? Believe it or not it only takes about two minutes to assemble that mess... I have a HF wheel chock so the R1 stands up by itself and all the straps are preset lengthwise. That pic was from my first trip I think. I don't use the red or blue straps anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts