Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm busy fitting a great looking reaset I bought off ebay, what a heap of crap. Both Brake and gear sets have so many problems. You are going to have to fabricate so much you might as well build the damn things yourself.

So beware, there are 3 different Thai companies that retail the same product under different names, looks great but stay away.:nforc:

:dollar

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took these quickly. I used to race my '05 R1 but had to sell to go to Europe, now back and have a '04 R1 but this baby I'm pulling all the stops, kitting her out but I HATE being taken for an ass...:lhumper:

Attachments

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goto ebay.com and type in the below.

R1 rearsets

The companies are...

Club517 Superbike
TechG Racing
Nobunaka Racing

Same product, different colour and price varies up to a $120..go figure..badge tampering...same crap.:butt

·
I can still slap you on my ZX7
126 Posts
looks like you have the pedals on the wrong rearset.

looks like you could switch the sides and they might fit... better...

·
My R1 Loves to Eat!
51 Posts
The sides are definitely right, i think that the brake could be upside down thought.
The shift lever side is correct because there is only one pedal you can mount the shift rod too.

Hmm... Doesn't look like it would make much of a difference. I've thought about those, but I would worry too much about inferior, not-properly-heat-treated aluminum, and catastrophic failure at the most inopportune time... That's why I would stay with a known manufcaturer (Arata, Attack, Gilles, Sato, etc...)...

Similarly, I bought a set of South African Rear sets for my GSXR1000, and they were beatifully made, fit perfectly, and were only $300 + shipping... Just a thought...

·
Banned
94 Posts
I'm busy fitting a great looking reaset I bought off ebay, what a heap of crap. Both Brake and gear sets have so many problems. You are going to have to fabricate so much you might as well build the damn things yourself.

So beware, there are 3 different Thai companies that retail the same product under different names, looks great but stay away.:nforc:

:dollar

Good Looking out I was just about to buy some I know one of the companies is nubunka or something like that!

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sellers have been very helpful so no complaints there but....

The levers are set to low by design. On the gear side this could be sorted by a shorter shifting rod. On the brake side, the lever needs to be re-designed with a straighter profile.

The levers are not inter-changable, they are as strong as hell with some flex but this is normal on after market race items I have used in racing.

Just want to warn others that if you buy them, then you'll have some work to do....

As for buying named brands like Gilles, sorry but they are waaaaay over priced for what you get. No arguement that they are good but no way I'd pay that, rather making adjusting plates for the originals and use them in racing...they be cheaper to replace if you fall.:jump

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Off the subject but for those who raced the R1 and who have removed the exup valve, any problems? I have remapped with the PCIII but now I'm hearing about how the ECU detects a fault and only runs one map? So how does this effect your ignition timing?

PC only intercepts and adjusts fuel, ignition is not normally adjusted so what now I am only running one map from the ECU?

TREV:dundun:

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
The pedals look upside down...I was considering buying those, gilles VCR or woodcraft...in the end, got the black Vortex off ebay brand new for 308 with shipping, so I can't complain.....

I think on these you need to flip/swap the pedals, and get into the adjustment a little more, and blue loctite every bolt just like on every rearset..they don't look bad though, look like knockoff satos, but they are a little different....actually, just looking at the pics, if the pedals are right, that sucks, they are angled way too far down!!!!:flush:

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All sorted:dundun:

Brake side you HAVE to use the extra fitting they supply which they don't tell you about, no instructions. But if you goto their site they have pics there they tell me.:butt

Only work was the gear side, had to use my original shifting rod and fabricate a spacer as the rod is short enough to bring the lever up high enough.

I raced once with a lever to low, my god did it give me a cramp and missed a few gears which almost tossed me into the litter...:bash

They fit but need work, not a plug and play item that is for sure.

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts

Brake side you HAVE to use the extra fitting they supply which they don't tell you about, no instructions. But if you goto their site they have pics there they tell me.:butt

Only work was the gear side, had to use my original shifting rod and fabricate a spacer as the rod is short enough to bring the lever up high enough.

I raced once with a lever to low, my god did it give me a cramp and missed a few gears which almost tossed me into the litter...:bash

Glad you got it sorted...seem like nice looking rearsets, but need a lot of fine tuning to get them together:drunk:

·
ill will
1,134 Posts

:thumbup glad it's working for you.

·
I can still slap you on my ZX7
126 Posts
pics needed, of course.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.