Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,115 Posts
s4iscool said:
:iamwithst Secure his services now...as an R1 owner I have no problem admitting that it cant take the Gix1000 on the track...its a fact, and with LE suspension, it makes little diff with Superbike as those bits are modified anyways...

While Id like to see the r1 in superbike, i can wait a year for an all new R1...pansy move, but such is politics
can't take the gixxer on the track??? have you seen any world superbike racing lately? have you ever heard of the 24 hrs of lemans? the isle of man tt? ama superstock? european superstock? the r1 in race trim has won ALL of these championships in the last 2 years with the exception of WSB, yet still finished 3rd overall in its first year back in the class. ahead of all the competition. we make the mistake of thinking ama superbike is the premier class of road racing in the world, since we live in the states, which it is far from. maybe the 4th or 5th strongest series around the globe. please, an ama superbike title is hardly coveted around the world. yes we would love to see yamaha compete here, since we are here, but ama superbike is hardly the toughest class yamaha races in currently.

· Registered
3,115 Posts
i'm with you guys that are upset as well, but you do have to think in terms of investment as well. we all know that a new r1 is coming, and no, it would not make sense to r&d the current model knowing you'll have to do it all over again next year. i'm sure this figures into the factories decision. you have to believe that bostrom and disalvo will get superbike rides next year, maybe hacking as well. its killing me as a yamaha fan and fan of racing, but i can lok forward to rossi and haga kicking ass next year and the ama guys in 07. remember, kawasaki introduced the zx-10 this year, so they have the model in hand that they will yield the next few years. the gixxer came last year as well as the honda. just watch and see how yammie comes back strong!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.