Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering which way to go ? Gonna remove the cat and add a slip on with a kat elimanator. I live in colorado springs just bought a 2019 red r1 and sounds like crap. Should I just send the ecu to superbikeunlimited or buy the graves flashtune and do it myself? What's the difference ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you want to go a cheaper and easier route, I have a brand new Graves Moto 1 still in the box I'd let go for $400. It sounds like the car and dirt bike Charlie Sheen drives in the movie "The Wraith".

I'm in Denver and have the Graves cat eliminator exhaust on my 2016 R1M. I have the Flash Tune set-up and Active Tune with the Graves map for the exhaust and it runs like crap at this altitude. It runs a little better with the unrestricted stock map. Definitely need to get it dyno'd. Runs puking rich!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Damn that's pretty nice . Gforce powersports had given me the yoshi r1 pipe and it not satisfying that is a nice pipe you have I dont have 400 right yet but I'm certainly interested it sounds awesome

·
Super Moderator
23,878 Posts
I'd send your ECU to SBU. They do a great job giving you a smooth throttle and a host of other items that you can customize.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's cheaper to get that than my own flash tune. I just want to make sure it's worth changing the bike and am I really gonna get a nice power gain as well as other changes

·
Registered
365 Posts
I ended up doing a grave cat back exhaust and FTECU. I still didn’t like the way it ran, so I took it to dyno. The end result runs excellent . If I knew what I know now, I would’ve taken it straight to dyno. Wouldve saved me a lot of coin and time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok thank you getting great info which is awesome and much appreciated.
Hi Jason,

Check your PMs.
That would be great I'd love to hear it . I just wanna do something that will make a great difference. I know it's being held back. I work mon thru fri weekends free. [email protected]mail.com any time your avail I'd be grateful to meet you my 2013 just ran like crap power commander did nothing even with the tune . Took it to American bike taylor off hancock and he squeezed good amount out but never wowed me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts