Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

I am wanting to get the ecu reflashed on my 09 the only issues is I live in Australia and not to keen on sending the ecu to the states to have it flashed then sent back and be with out the bike for 2 months or longer I am wanting to know if any one has used this company and if so what there thoughts were or if they could suggest someone else here in Australia to have it done

http://www.woolichracing.com/products/yamaha/yzf-r1/2009/2009-yamaha-yzf-r1-ecu-flashing.aspx

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
I spoke to them a couple of times, i wanted to know if you would have control over STACKS timing on the xplanker... *update below, its been added

if i were keeping my R1 i would consider them as they do offer a nice package...

· Registered
31 Posts
I used the woolich gear for years. It's very good but the software doesn't give u an actual tuned flash. It's up to you to tune it yourself. It's not perfect but it's very usable and u can continually adjust and try different things. The autotune is good as a rough guide or your racing but to set up a good Street map took me a very very long time. Around 10 tunes and flashes to get something not bad. But still worth getting to set up your afr.

· Registered
10 Posts
I am in the same boat as you OP.

I'm based in Aus and looking to flash tune my bike, but the turnaround for a mail order flash to the US is too long. I was really tempted to take up SBU's $90 end of year flash special but I'm not willing to lose my immobiliser unfortunately.

Looking at the instructional video for the Woolich software posted by the creator on youtube, it certainly looks like it has the features you'd want in a flash tune. The downside is that, as has been said above the software just gives you the ability to custom tune, but no base maps if you just want to "flash and go" with a map that has the same mods as you. There's also no community of R1 owners further customising and improving the tunes like Tad158 and others on here, so you're more or less on your own by the looks of it.

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Purchasing the Woolich Flash kit tomorrow I think it is the best option for what I am looking for super keen to see how it turns out I have had a good chat to the designer today and he has answered a lot of questions for me should be a nice feature

· Registered
2,537 Posts
The downside to that setup is it's very limiting in what it offers. We flash Australian ECUs regularly. If you want to avoid a wait/downtime, you can always send us a second-hand ECU and we'll flash and ship it to you. Then you'll get something race-developed and with a lot of R&D behind it.

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Options everywhere I might look for a new ecu, no matter who flashes the ecu or if I get a flash tune It will still need a tune

· Registered
2,537 Posts
Where do you find a 2nd hand ECU? eBay?
I'm assuming they're year specific, or at least 09-11 and 12-14 for the TCS brains?
That would be correct but we also need a euro spec ecu
You can get a US or Euro spec, we can make it work with your bike, no problem. eBay and R1-Forum are both great resources for used ECUs.

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will keep an eye open for a ecu but just a quick search they were all over $400 so not the best way to do it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.