1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbup

October 15, 2003

Dear :Mr. Convy

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the legislation to eliminate the requirement that a motorcyclist buy custom-made earplugs if they want to use earplugs when they ride.

That change was contained in SB 315, the Senate Transportation Committee omnibus bill, and it was signed into law by the Governor on September 29, 2003. When the bill takes effect on January 1, 2004, motorcyclists will be able to wear any earplugs or molds - not just those that are custom-made - that are specifically designed to reduce noise levels, as long as they don't inhibit the rider's ability to hear a siren or a horn from another vehicle.

I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to drop me a thank you note. You're most certainly welcome, I'm glad I could help, and happy riding!

Sincerely,

Debra Bowen

Senator, 28th District

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 11:10 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Thanks!!!

Dear Ms. Bowen,

As a foam earplug-wearing motorcyclist and AMA member, I'd just like to say...THANK YOU!!!

Sincerely,

Joshua Convy

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Sweet!!!!
Kinda cool even if it was a generic email sent out to all that emailed about the earplugs :)

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Yeah, much like the one CBS sent out to everyone who made
comments about the story they did about us killer sportbikers
a few weeks ago.

·
seen 155 want more?
97 Posts
how in the heck are they gonna know if you have the right kind of earplugs on when wearing a helmet?

geez the money some dumbass must have cost the taxpayers to get that pos law passed in the 1st place.

·
My R1 is the perfect bitch.
270 Posts
I would think that if a deaf person has just as much of a right to drive as a person who can hear, then a person can wear earplugs that cuts out all noise and drive like a deaf person.

If deaf people can drive, what difference does it make what kind of ****ing earplug you choose to wear?

·
Layer-3
1,962 Posts
rod442 said:
how in the heck are they gonna know if you have the right kind of earplugs on when wearing a helmet?

geez the money some dumbass must have cost the taxpayers to get that pos law passed in the 1st place.
:iamwithst

1 - 6 of 6 Posts