Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi did someone can tell me how fast recognize engine from lift version ?
after my engine explode need to buy new one, and need after lift.

simon

·
Registered
2019 Yamha R1, 2020 KTM 790 ADV R, 2015 Honda grom, 1992 Honda CR250R, 2008 Kawasaki KX450F
9 Posts
You need a Lift 2 version! After you tickle the blinker fluid Lift 1 will let out the Juices!

·
Registered
212 Posts
You could lift 3 engine and be upgrade form lift 1 engine blowup version okay

·
RANDOM VICTIM BASTARD S.O.B.
2,778 Posts
If lift 1 engine blowup version okay! Please fast recognize version 2 symbol engine.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,773 Posts
If lift 1 engine blowup version okay! Please fast recognize version 2 symbol engine.
Is that Rick! Havne't seen you around in a while...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see that gentlemen, experts from the English-speaking forum r1, do not understand a bit
the engine in the 09-12 version, the so-called pre-lift version, has several technical issue,
one of them is the oil level indicator light, it lights up when the engine is kept at high rpm speed for a long time, and the reasons for this are quite a lot ... general pressure loss in the system, very often the reason is the O-ring on the pressure relief valve, too low oil pressure does not open the relief valve in the specified range of 700-820 kPa, at high speed the oil pump has such a high flow capacity that it ejects all the oil to the top of the engine and after some time the indicator light is on from the level and the oil strainer cannot suck the oil and it is a disaster,
version after 2012 called after lift has been improved and although the oil pump is the same in 09-12 version before lift, the pressure on the main line at 5000rpm is 240 kPa, in the version after lift from 2012 at 5000 rpm it is 320 kPa, higher pressure at the same speed causes earlier opening the reliefe valve, i.e. less oil is thrown to the top of the engine and the oil level in the sump remains at the correct level.
Since the oil pump and the reliefe valve are the same in the version before and after "lift", it means that the oil channels must have a different cross-section.

I rebuild my engine from scratch and I need to know exactly what are the block markings in the version from 2012 after "lift", to be sure ...
writing this post, I already have all the necessary data and components waiting for assembly ...
Greetings to the fans of R1 from the English-speaking forum, especially those who have a lot to say in the technical aspect .....

·
Venom X/O
24,860 Posts
I see that gentlemen, experts from the English-speaking forum r1, do not understand a bit
the engine in the 09-12 version, the so-called pre-lift version, has several technical issue,
one of them is the oil level indicator light, it lights up when the engine is kept at high rpm speed for a long time, and the reasons for this are quite a lot ... general pressure loss in the system, very often the reason is the O-ring on the pressure relief valve, too low oil pressure does not open the relief valve in the specified range of 700-820 kPa, at high speed the oil pump has such a high flow capacity that it ejects all the oil to the top of the engine and after some time the indicator light is on from the level and the oil strainer cannot suck the oil and it is a disaster,
version after 2012 called after lift has been improved and although the oil pump is the same in 09-12 version before lift, the pressure on the main line at 5000rpm is 240 kPa, in the version after lift from 2012 at 5000 rpm it is 320 kPa, higher pressure at the same speed causes earlier opening the reliefe valve, i.e. less oil is thrown to the top of the engine and the oil level in the sump remains at the correct level.
Since the oil pump and the reliefe valve are the same in the version before and after "lift", it means that the oil channels must have a different cross-section.

I rebuild my engine from scratch and I need to know exactly what are the block markings in the version from 2012 after "lift", to be sure ...
writing this post, I already have all the necessary data and components waiting for assembly ...
Greetings to the fans of R1 from the English-speaking forum, especially those who have a lot to say in the technical aspect .....
One thing to note, we don’t call it pre-post “lift” on this side, it’s not as common. You’re on a mostly American forum, so I can see why it didn’t take off right away.
Secondly, all you need to do is get the engine stamp on the side of the engine, next to the oil window. I’m trying to find the decoder online that is free, but that’s not as easy. You may have to get with a dealer to ask their service department what they do, but they have Yamaha’s system to look stuff up in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts