Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
I think it says not to mix on the Engine Ice jug. Can't remeber if it say water or other coolants.

I think it just says water.

I have a jug in the garage. That stuff keeps the coolant system clean. I was amazed at how clean my coolant system was when I replaced all my hoses with SAMCO.

I will always use Engine Ice.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't mix the engine ice with water, I put distilled water into the factory coolant. Story is after 300 miles on my brand new bike I found that the reservoir was almost completely empty. Taking it back to the dealership for them to fix other issues tomorrow and just needed to fill the coolant so I can make it there.

Premium Member
I didn't mix the engine ice with water, I put distilled water into the factory coolant. Story is after 300 miles on my brand new bike I found that the reservoir was almost completely empty. Taking it back to the dealership for them to fix other issues tomorrow and just needed to fill the coolant so I can make it there.
The coolant system probably wasn't "burped" properly from prep. Not a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.