Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its abot 1,200 rpms when idelin and sometimes i come to a light and it well be revin at 3,500-4,00 rpms and wheel is straight new throttle cable at end of sesion could i have ran it wrong?? Does it need lubed??? Is it the TPS (throttle positioning sensor), Will the Dignostics chexk on display find the problem or hoe do i Check the TPS

Help me out bros

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
Re: Come on guys need you help

Chad02R1 said:
Come on guys i need some help here
Ck to see if your cables are too tight!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Diag does a test I believe its number 1 it it should read 15-17 when throttle is cllosed and 96-100 or seomthign when wide open. If those numbers are way off then your cables are too tight I believe.

·
Old and slow.
170 Posts
Could be a vacuum leak as well.

Even though it's not liekly, check for missing/disconnected/cracked hoses or intake manifolds.

·
Broke ass rider.......
98 Posts
I have the same problem and have not yet found a soulution. It's not throttle cables. I'll keep you updated when I find out what the problem is, I'll let you know. I think it might have something to do with the auto choke system...

·
Broke ass rider.......
98 Posts
OK, like I always do...I tried something different. I tried to remove the auto choke system. The engine does not perform well when this system is removed and I am too lazy to research why. I reinstalled the auto choke properly and I no longer have any problems with the idle hanging. I am assuming it has to do with water temp and mapping built into the cdi. Oh well, live and learn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts