Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like some input what would be the max I can bore out my 2001 enginge and any input on where I can find the pistons etc.. for the project.
thanks,
Rob

· Blue is best
795 Posts
Do a web search for JE pistons, they make them 2mm over. You'll need to have your cases disassembled and sent to Millenium Technologies for the boring/replating.

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would like to say thanks for your input, its nice to see sombody from my home country respond kinda miss it up there untill the winters set in love it here in florida now...lol going to oversize it all...hehehe it will be my toy bike about to buy my 04 and still putting together my 02 and well my 01 is serving me well

· My dog Banshee kicking ASS!!
1,127 Posts
The good people at Millenium were telling me 4mm is the biggest you can go on the R1. I had mine punched out only 2mm. I wanted to keep some reliability.

· Blue is best
795 Posts
Bone, did you ever find out why your overbore engine did'nt work? I recall you saying you went for a drive and the engine felt strong at first but it failed afterwards? Ever find out why?

· My dog Banshee kicking ASS!!
1,127 Posts
Yeah, the guy assembling it broke the oil rings on 2 cylinders during assembly. I assembled it myself this time and it's all good.

· Registered
639 Posts
hey dogbone.

i was just curious about how much horsepower your bike is putting down with all of those mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.