Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just when you thought . . .
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have picked up a vibration that seems to be getting worse. It started out as more of a feeling, but now I hear it as well. It occurs when I rev the engine, so I don't think it is suspension-related. I can see the spring on the Akra shake bad when I rev the engine. The engine mounting bolts are torqued to specs and none of the bolts holding the headers on seem to be loose. Any suggestions to check (known problem areas)? before I tear the damn thing down and tighten everything? Check my sig for mods. Thanks!

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And to follow up, I think it may be the clutch, but I'm not sure. Pros and cons:

1) In first going about 5 mph in traffic, it frequently knocks when I let out on the clutch. NOte that this is coasting while letting out, from a stand still, it's quite smooth. I've always had a little bump when it engages like that, but this is a steady knock-knock-knock that only recently started.

2) BUT, the vibration occurs when I rev the engine with the clutch lever pulled in (never sure if the term is engaged or disengaged) AND when it's in gear.

Thoughts?

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I've been thinking about it and I'll probably have the dealer look at it. It's still under warranty so I'll probably drop it off with the dealer this afternoon and tell them to fix it. No need in me digging in if they'll do it for free.

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were zero help. They checked everything out, rode it, etc., and said it was fine. It now comes and goes, but is so minor that I have chosen to ignore it. I've noticed that it varies with engine temp and mainly vibrates when hot (220+). Let me know if you have any luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts