Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Is there anybody out there?
3,989 Posts
Something you might want to check is your main switch(key). It has two circuits on it. One for main power and the other runs through your ECU and your starting circuit cut-off relay. If the one that runs through the ECU has problems, the bike will not start. Mine went bad about the 10 year mark. Find your main switch connector and unplug it. Turn the key on and check the resistance of the switch between the Blue/Yellow and Blue/Black wires. Should be less than one Ohm. Turn the key off and then back on and test again. I'd do this several times. While you're there, check the main power circuit(Red and Brown/Blue. Probably not your problem but since it goes to the ECU...

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a call from the shop that I brought it to and they said they found high resistance all over the wiring harness and said the main wiring harness as a whole has to be replaced. They quoted me $1100 for the job but I'm very mechanically inclined and saw wiring harnesses for about $100 used and was thinking of going that route and installing it myself. I was wondering if anyone knows if you need to drop the motor at all to route any wires from the main wiring harness?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im having the same ER-1 fault but i have yet to find the fault. Can someone please tell me what "sensor" you are referring to. Thanks

·
Is there anybody out there?
3,989 Posts
See my post #21. Eliminate your main switch(key) first. Main switch connector will be near the front of the bike. Remember, you are just checking resistance on the switch, not the main harness.

Mark

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am getting this same error code 1 reading high temp now... it didnt do it at all when i parked it for winter... 2months ago.. i went to try and start my 09 r1 today and its doing this now the battery was dead so i put it on the car charger to try and get it to start real quick.. i just had the ecu flashed by sbu.. any recomendations? Just a new battery or?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi yes I eventually found the problem. It was a yellow and green cable the insulation cracked and water corroded the cable. Do a continuity test from the ECU to the plug that goes to the clocks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well.. time to tear down and start checking wires i guess... its not the uce i just had it flashed or the batter i just put a new,one in... all the fuses are good... fuel pump comes on and turns over... about 1 out of 20 tried of unholking the battery to clear the code it will fire up if it starts furst crank before it thros the code... now to just find the damn wire

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what I found. A bit of solder and heatshrink problem solved.
Hey Willie I know you posted this couple years ago but hopefully your still active. You said the wire was yellow and green but in the pic it looks yellow and blue. Are you sure it was y/g? Where about in harness did you find that wire? Also did you check the voltage at the ecu plug? If so do you know how many volts its suppose to have?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
16 Participants
2012R6
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing