Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catching Wind Tunnel this morning and they had the Bostrom Brothers ontehre. Ducati shattered, and I mean SHATTERED the lap record. He is over a second ahead of everyone else. That bike has hte track wired!! In listening to Eric, he made it sound extremely easy to run that fast also. So it appears that Ducati may finally have something for everyone at Daytona...if they dont break.

·
`04 here we come
200 Posts
Thats the million dollar question- will it make it the WHOLE race. I thought Russell would be the first to win on a duc until he got ran over!!!

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, I agree. I remember the year Gobert took the pole and Russell flat out told the press he wasn't even remotely worried about him because I quote " They have that thing running on marbles to get it to go that fast" and he was correct since it blew up like 10 laps in. But I beleive that todays Ducati is much more reliable than previous years and that the only reason they havent done better in recent years is lack of talent. Right now I beleive they have the most telented racer in the AMA. If Eric can make title runs on the 10 year old zx7 platform I really think he has a good chance to take it all on the Duc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts