Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i recently purchase a used Graves full titanium system for my 07 R1. After removing the exup system i put a dynojet Servo removal plug but i'm still getting Error 18 on display.

Any ideas how can i fix this?

Also i would like to ask if its better to remove o2 or leave it on -as i have right now- and if i remove it would take another Error?

Attachments

· Registered
1,365 Posts
You can just unplug the O2 sensor and it will not throw a code. Running a full system I'm assuming you are going to have either a piggy back fuel tuner or a flashed ECU so you can tune it to match the exhaust? If so no need to have the O2 sensor in.

As far as the code 18, yes its for exup problem. Not sure about this but double check all connections are good and clean and there is continuity in the wiring harness. Maybe try removing the battery for a while and reconnecting?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have not flashed my ecu. I just have a PCV on Board with a map for Graves full system downloaded from their site. I don't know if it is correct 100%, i have in my plans to run an A/F ratio for better results.

If i unplug the dynojet servo module i see two errors, 17 plus 18. If i plug it i see only 18.

Also i have unplug the battery for more than a day, but nothing!

· I MUST BREAK YOU
589 Posts
If you plan on messing around with the AF ratios, they you'll need autotune. It comes with a bosh wideband sensor, so you just use that. Does your graves have bung on the pipe for a o2 sensor? And yes, you need to reflash the ecu to correct both errors, I did. You don't even need a plug, the reflash just deactivates the exup completely. I don't have the plug and no errors messages. Get all that and you're set.

EDIT: just checked the graves website, their plug claims it corrects error code 17 and 18. So I don't know bro, maybe you have a defective plug, even though yours is made by dynjoet.

· Registered
612 Posts
You need to search this on the site. LOTS of info on this. The best way to clear/reset the code is to unplug the eliminator & reconnect the original EXUP servo for several seconds. There are also posts about removing a terminal from the eliminator. The code is typically tripped by the battery voltage reading a bit low for the EXUP circuit. Removing that terminal prevents it from reading the voltage drop. Avoid having a low battery or too much drain on the battery from add-ons also and you may avoid the annoying code altogether.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.