Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update error 12 gone, how to know if starter has gone??

hi,
I haven't ridden my bike for 2weeks, i managed to start her up today & toke her for a spin, when i came back home & parked the bike, i wanted to try starting her again to see if she would start, when trying to start her up the engine light is on & blinks when i am pressing the starter & go constant when i leave the starter button, i can also hear a click sound from the battery is if the battery is down, just noticed "no-12" on the screen below the temp read, so i guess i got the error code "12" as the engine light also is constant & not turning off, whats the meaning of the code? hope its not serious :no

thanks..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried rockin the bike forward & backward in 1st gear the error went away, so its not the crank sensor, i feel its the starter motor as people have mentioned over here will get it checked tom..

thanks..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE-
I bump started the bike & toke it to the mechanic last nite, he tried to see the problem today & guess what she is starting fine, no 12 Error no clicking sounds at all, the bike is starting fine, i told him to keep it with him for 1-2days & keep trying to see if the problem arises again, what you guys think the problem was? howcome it got solved by itself this is very confusing & irritating as i dont want the problem to arise again:no

thanks..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE-
problem is the starter relay, for anyone with the same error its not necessary its the cps thats gone :)

cheers..

·
is when you got no work :P)))
48 Posts
its in the service manual what each code means i forget what 12 was but on mine it says 18 every time i start it (exup servo motor unplugged) bc I have a aftermarket exhaust :D

·
Theres a jetplane in my garage
31 Posts
Mines fixed now. It was indeed the CPS. The plug that connects the sensor to the wiring loom was faulty and one of the terminals was not in proper contact. All good now!

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,425 Posts
:dunno

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts