Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just let me think about that !
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running xp home edition. Had a virus infection about 6 months ago, got that cleaned up but ever since when I boot up I get this dam annoying message telling me an error has occurred and it wants to report back to microsoft vis internet connection.
I click and close the window and everything runs fine.
How do I get rid of this message appearing every time I boot up my pc.
Thanks.

·
You will die alone
1,063 Posts
Open System in the Control Panel (or right-click on the My Computer icon and select Properties. Choose the Advanced tab, and click Error Reporting. You can disable error reporting entirely here, or enable it selectively for certain programs. :boobies :riding

·
Live to Ride
2,068 Posts
definately kill the error reporting service, and while your at it kill a bunch of other un-needed services : Hit Start, Run, type services.msc and hit enter, and kill Kill KILL! :machinegu

You may also want to run sfc /scannow at the command prompt as well..

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
Just kill XP and get it over with. I'd like to find the guys who thought XP would be a good idea, drag them into the street and shoot them in the face with a bazooka. XP is still :eek:wwn3d by Win2K:yesnod

·
"IM BACCCCK"
5,530 Posts
1700warrior said:
Just kill XP and get it over with. I'd like to find the guys who thought XP would be a good idea, drag them into the street and shoot them in the face with a bazooka. XP is still :eek:wwn3d by Win2K:yesnod

:confused: me thinks not
but anyways hmm try linux :thumbup

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
1700warrior said:
:lol :lol

1700warrior, please don't shoot me in the face with a bazooka... :cryin

Btw, XP's kernel is totally new than the one in W2K... :fact If this this what you were talking about W2K :eek:wwn3d XP... which I don't agree...

Well, W2K is still very stable though... :yesnod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts