Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the deal with almost everyone on here talking about wear ur gear. in almost every situation on thestreet daily i see liter bikes being ridden with a armored jacket gloves and a helmet. i dont see riding boots and padded pants who does that for everyday riding? i can see track days but not everyday riding. i think a majority need to practice what they preach go to work in the office with all their padded pants on not me ill wear full gear at the track but on the street i wear my helmet, armored jacket and armored gloves. Flame on mother f-ccaz i dont care

·
Booya
34,516 Posts
That's great.

You'll find that those "preaching" are the first to practice it too. :fact

·
I am the vanilla gorilla!
18,121 Posts
You decide what gear you wear, you will also suffer the consequences or rewards of either :fact I won't knock someone unless they aren't wearing a helmet, those people are just dumbasses, otherwise, to each his own

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
i might wear jeans. but i'm never ever w/o boots, jacket, gloves and lid.

sorry squid.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You decide what gear you wear, you will also suffer the consequences or rewards of either :fact I won't knock someone unless they aren't wearing a helmet, those people are just dumbasses, otherwise, to each his own
im with u on the no helmets theyre just retards and at the least if they fall off theyll b even more retarded but im just lookin at, (for number sake) 20 bikes a day ill see at least 1 retard 15 or so is wearing their jacket (or) armored backplate gloves and helmet and the rest are just a helmet. i cant see myself especially walking into my office at grumman and having to change when theirs work to do pretty much as soon as i walk in the door

·
18,121 Posts
im with u on the no helmets theyre just retards and at the least if they fall off theyll b even more retarded but im just lookin at, (for number sake) 20 bikes a day ill see at least 1 retard 15 or so is wearing their jacket (or) armored backplate gloves and helmet and the rest are just a helmet. i cant see myself especially walking into my office at grumman and having to change when theirs work to do pretty much as soon as i walk in the door
I keep a change of clothes for work at my desk. People see me walk in wearing my gear, I don't really give a damn what someone thinks when I walk in the building :fact

·
Banned
12,673 Posts
thats why you show up for work a little early. i do this whether im riding or not just always thought of it as good work ethic

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
changing clothes is easier than healing up.

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
r1 as first bike, and classic Florida squid.

explains a lot.

·
R1-014 Dragon Squadron #200
2,555 Posts
Its all relative, many people here are Trackwhores, and have gotten used to sweating it out in a 1-PC suit on a 100+ Degree Day. Those are also the same people that have been down with gear, and also maybe they've been down with not as much gear, or little to no gear.

Many of the ones preaching ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time) are ones who have experienced what its like going down without full gear, and are trying to help others avoid the added pain and suffering that can come with it. Whenever we swing our leg over any two wheeled machine we're taking our lives in our own hands. It's always better to be prepared for the worst than to not.

For me its all circumstantial on where I'm going, if I'm just city riding, i might just do a helmet and gloves and boots. I always wear my boots. When its 90+ out, but i'm not going over 30-40 MPH when'm going to be stuck at a bunch of red lights with the heat coming from the sun, the cars and the pavement. I also, don't do wheelies, or endo's or any of that other crap, hell i don't ever even really "get on it" when I'm not wearing my jacket.

If I'm hitting the Freeway though, i throw on my leather jacket regardless of the heat . If I'm going Canyon riding, then I'll throw on my suit. It all depends for me.

Just doesn't change the fact that the smartest thing to do is ATGATT.

·
I Ride Alone.
2,495 Posts
Full gear 100% of the time for me.

·
18,121 Posts
This thread is going places, I bet by the time I get home from work it will be closed. At least the OP asked for the flaming in his first post. OP, you can save a bit of face by posting a larger picture of your avatar immediately :fact

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
How can you tell if the pants are padded or not? If Im riding to work I have to wear gear to get on base and to the gym I have padded jeans and boots, gloves, lid and jacket. And fully geared when Im really riding. Ive been down with jeans, timbs, jacket lid and gloves and I learned my lesson then to always wear gear. Plus who wouldnt want to walk around the mall in full leathers? Everyone thinks you race for a living

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i can care less what they think when i walk in i do wear boiots theyre not riding boots theyre timberlands (non steel toe) i have a change of shoes in the office, i do get in early ive always done that even if i hated a job. i just cant see goin to the store or the mall or church ya boys house to work on bikes...with full gear on i might be thick skulled but i just cant

1 - 20 of 47 Posts