Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4:20
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i checked out a 1980 standard 400cc bike and almost bought it for $800 bucks then i noticed it had a "insurance reconstructed salvage" title so i passed. fawk i really wanted that one it ran so good.

NOW i found a "1991 Kawasaki Ex 500, Red and Black color, 23,000 miles, Good condition, Runs Excellent!!"

....i called him and he said it run's very good, no problems but it was dropped and some of the fairings are cracked. i'm going to check it out on saturday. he wants $1,000 for it but i'm gunna try and talk him down.

what's a good price? this would be a pretty good commuter right? i don't really care how it looks but i'm thinking of the re-sale value for later. thanks guys:beer

·
Always getting faster...
1,205 Posts
I've got a '98 EX-500 and I like it. I think the pre-'94 EX's have 16.5 inch wheels instead of 17 inch -- but I could be wrong. As far as price, I wouldn't pay more than $500.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $500 either.... those things are f'n cheap brand new from the dealer.

I would ride it as a commuter bike. I'd sometimes ride my wifes bike to work because it has a more comfortable seating position.

·
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:confused: $500?? damn, i told him i have $800 cash and he sait thats too low. i was going to offer $900 if it runs good but maybe i'll stick to my original price because bikes do sell higher in Hawaii. shit, i'm confused now:eek:

·
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll just copy and paste this from my other thread for you guys:) thanks for the advice:thumbup

i'm going to check out the bandit right after work:cool: here's an email i just recieved from the owner...

"Miles are high - 57K if I recall correctly, (thus the low $) but it's a liquid-cooled motor so the tolerances are much better than an air-cooled mill, and it's has ALWAYS been well looked after - oil and valves, carbs, chains, sprockets & tires at the proper intervals. Bit of rust 'cause of life on the windward side, So check it out, & make an offer if you want it, I've had a good measure of interest and have turned down an offer of $ 1,000 already.

Main qualities of this bike; excellent road feel - simply a great chassis geometry - it has a very 'planted', sure-footed feel. The motor is a 4 cylinder DOHC motor - dual overhead cams - just likethe big GSXR engines, - it has 16 little valves and redlines at 14k ! The brakes are nice and strong, but that engine pulls like an electric motor from idle the whole way up."

do you guys think $1,200 is a fair price? the miles are alittle more than i expected but i still wouldn't mind this bike:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.