Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow riders,

I'm new to posting but I've been reading on the forum for quite some time now. I've been looking everywhere for protection on this exhaust system and cant find anything. Tried ordering the R&G hexagon slider for it but it doesn't fit. Anybody has any suggestions? There has to be something out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of the exhaust:

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somebody must have an idea for this. I ordered a custom sub-cage thinking it would protect the exhaust but after installing it I laid down the bike on my garage floor and the exhaust still makes contact with the ground.

·
Venom X/O
23,415 Posts
I don’t think theirs anything, and honeslty I don’t think I’d want something that stuck out far enough. If you take a lowside and the exhaust protection grabs something solid, you went from a clip-on and exhaust fan getting damaged to a bike flipping.

I stopped using frame sliders for the same reason

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t think theirs anything, and honeslty I don’t think I’d want something that stuck out far enough. If you take a lowside and the exhaust protection grabs something solid, you went from a clip-on and exhaust fan getting damaged to a bike flipping.

I stopped using frame sliders for the same reason
I agree with you, but taking a silly low side fall and getting your $1,300 exhaust system all messed up is what im trying to prevent. I came to terms with the idea that if I take a nasty fall and my bike goes flying and rolling on the air, there is nothing that will protect it, but at least if I go down going slow I have the best chance to save the expensive components. I saw a picture here somewhere of somebody that had some kind of protection on my same exhaust but I cant remember which post, ill try to find it and post it here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the picture! Here it is

That cover will protect the exhaust in the event of a small low side fall.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
1,943 Posts
Somebody must have an idea for this. I ordered a custom sub-cage thinking it would protect the exhaust but after installing it I laid down the bike on my garage floor and the exhaust still makes contact with the ground.
I have this R&G. It is not a perfect fit...but will help protect in a minimal lowslide if there is such a thing as one.....
I forget which pattern I got tho....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,210 Posts
so when it falls off the bike, it will skid to a stop, but only on that one side? ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts