Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...Those of you who have replaced your stock exhaust what aftermarket, what brand did you go with? Did you do just a slip-on or full-system? Did you have any problems with the EXUP?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I"m using a Termignoni Slip On. Why this one ? It brought me +5 PS from 2000 to 11500 U/min on a Dyno.It "s sounding very good in my opinion and the costs are relative low. This winter I"ll change to a Arrow Full Exhaust System. It has only some loss in the low Rpm <3000 U/min but >8000 U/min more Power as the Slip On ( 10 PS plus in the Area over 10.000U/min- Dyno) All other Systems like the Akrapovic have more loss in the low Area, but not more PS in the others compared to the Arrow System.
Other Mods Technoflex Springs( Front and Rear), Brembo SA Brakepads,Kevlar Brake Hoses, modified Airbox with BMC Race Filter, Dynojet Kit, Ignition Advancer, some Carbon Parts.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have just the Micron c/f can, with some of the paking remover for a throatier sound. Dont worry that has been accounted for in the jetting :) i didnt remove a lot, just about 25%. after one trackday it sounded great.

·
Natural born looooooser
51 Posts
I ordered a Quill slip-on system from good old England. The sound isn´t too great all thanks to the exup beeing where its always been, but the main reason for my purchase was the LOOKS.
I like it alot and as far as I know I´m the only one using it in Stockholm.
Take a look at it if you like: http://www.quill-racing.co.uk/images/quill/r1ctihilev.jpg

·
'See you in the crosshairs'
86 Posts
I have an Ixil Hi-Mount..it is very high..right next to the seat line..looks great..I'll be posting some pictures later today.
I'm running the Exup pipe at the moment but a set of Akra 4-1 headers are on their way.

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
I have the Akra F/S Titanium. removed all the exup shite, wired in the Samanna servo sub to fool the computer (tach). Works great, and got rid of all that extra weight.

·
no refunds allowed
79 Posts
I went with a Wileyco S/O from Italy...carbon fiber and a damn good price. I think it sounds great! Gave me 2.3 Hp (dynoed). Speaking of dyno.. here's a MPEG of my dyno run..it's about 350K, so it's friendly :D

Link to mpeg

·
who needs brakes
23 Posts
Dank is right. But make sure when you disconect the wires that you get the replacement servo like he said. It is all good for a 1-2 hp. In stead of using just a jumper.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How hard is it to remove packing for an exhaust. Can this be done by the manufacture when you order it or do you have to do it? Is it worth it?

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
DO NOT remove the packing it sounds like you are doing 150mph when you are going 10mph more annoyance than anything else. Look on Ebay for a slip-on you can get them cheap,if you just want louder remove the exup and tweak the carbs and off you go;)

·
Don't hate me cuz I'm cute.
14 Posts
mapping

Now that the 2002 R1 will be feul injected wonder if they will have the Cammander for the bike, I'm sure that would help alot in hp, with a aftermarket exauhst sytem, full or slip on. I have posted the website.

www.dynojet.com

·
who needs brakes
23 Posts
I have also heard that the new R1 with catalytic converter in the muffler. If you take this off the hp numbers are the same as the gsxr1000. So if you put an exhaust and a remap into the new biek you might have a pretty big surprise. So might the gixxer 1000. But this gut a romor. But from a very reliable sorce.;)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: mapping

fast1 said:
Now that the 2002 R1 will be feul injected wonder if they will have the Cammander for the bike, I'm sure that would help alot in hp, with a aftermarket exauhst sytem, full or slip on. I have posted the website.

www.dynojet.com
I'm sure they will. They have fuel maps for almost every fuel-injected bike out there, at least from what I've seen. It will be fun to tweak it if they do.

·
Back from retirement
81 Posts
serious horsepower

If anyone one is looking for serious horsepower, check out the web page of GRAVESMOTORSPORTS.COM
ram air kits, full exhaust,,,,,,,, AND THE SERIOUS
BIG BORE CONVERSION KIT 180+ HP at the back tire:rock

·
1,894 Posts
:machinegu WELCOME :machinegu (my offical welcome) Which post are you refering to,little more info please and we will hook you up.

·
R1
83 Posts
Reply back to Twisted Logic, thanks...

this is the remarks from Dank:
I have the Akra F/S Titanium. removed all the exup ****e, wired in the Samanna servo sub to fool the computer (tach). Works great, and got rid of all that extra weight.

this is the remarks from badassr1:
Dank is right. But make sure when you disconect the wires that you get the replacement servo like he said. It is all good for a 1-2 hp. In stead of using just a jumper.

·
1,894 Posts
Ah ok, if you remove the EXUP servo the computer on the bike sees a problem and sends an error code to the tach which means the tach will not work and will just jump to 7000rpm over and over. I just removed the EXUP valve and cables and left the servo plugged in,you save weight by removing it but not enough to notice unless it is a race bike and you need to shave weight. Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 29 Posts