Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Becoming one with the road
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i need help :dunno. I know this subject has been beaten to death but im goin a step further I want to see dyno #'s please if any one has them. The systems i have in mind are the akropovic race & evo full system (carbon fiber), the graves full oval system (titanium) , the termignoni full system (carbon fiber) and last but not least the hindle full system. Please every one post with dyno numbers if u have them or have access to them.

·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
come on any one else. I did and did find the graves dyno #'s. Remember this is for an '05 r1

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,669 Posts
What did that special Arata system put out ? Some member posted pics and I don't think I followed up but he said it felt different than the regular Arata full .... :dunno

·
LIFE IS SHORT
12,690 Posts
Aesthetically…
I like the carbon Akro or Termi’s for the Red & Raven R1’s.
I like the brushed metal Arrow, Graves, Hindle, Termis, TiForce cans on the Blues. If your going Termi, I would recommend getting them from Eric @ RCV, or EuroCorsa. Also quality seems to be hit & miss – search the forum.

Same day, same machine, 98% humidity/raining, pump 91 octane, with generic Graves map

Base run & came up with = 153.
After AIS removal, Graves V-Stacks, BMC street filter, PC3, & full Termi Ti system, she put down 162 with an ultra smooth curve - no dip anywhere. Although I gained 7-8 at the peak, the biggest gains came in the mid – I plan on squeezing out a bit more with a custom tune @ DynoJet. The ass dyno says wow. Throttle response is very smooth, with out surging (may have more to do with the PC3 then the Termi). She also seems to rev up faster.
The sound is great. Deep & throaty, with lot’s of gurgling down low – screams above 10K –

Each header pipe is etched with a tiny number. Make sure you place the headers from left to right 4-3-2-1, not 1-2-3-4 (must be an Italian thing). The headers, collector, Y pipe all fit as designed without any leaks. I had no problems with the Termi fitment other then the left silencer. The left can stuck out 1/8th of an inch further then the right one. I had to manhandle it to get it perfect.

Attachments

·
R1 GIVES YOU WIIINGS
403 Posts
just got a full arata system, searched around for ages to see which was the best system, and oh my god these pipes are a work of art the welds alone should be in a museum, fitted them yesterday with a power commander then took it for a quick test ride due to impending rain, absolutly awsome, the hessitation at 7000rpm is gone and the thing pulls like a steam train, only problem was i didnt click the passenger seat back in properly so it ejected at about 90mph and tore the cover......damn it.
but back to the question, arata system is the bomb. sounds awsome, looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
steveieh said:
only problem was i didnt click the passenger seat back in properly so it ejected at about 90mph and tore the cover......damn it.
+1 that happened to me too.

As far as full systems, pretty much you're on the right track. You aren't interested in the ones I'd say to stay away from. So any system you choose will be like night and day....good luck show us your dyno charts when you egt them...

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wwwooowww! beerzie i luv the sound of termi's come on guys i want the sounds of the others now or at least the graves and akro.

Does carbon sound diff. from stainless pipes

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,669 Posts
Carbon fiber will give a slightly deeper, muffled sound but still great....you'd have to hear a back to back on the same bike, same exhaust system to hear the diff...I did once on my 99 Yzf600r with Kerker full and liked the Carbon fiber better...

btw I can't believe that guy runs that in a dyno room with no ear protection...

·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dont wanna get flamed for this, but what about D&D I know they are loud but I heard they're just for sound is that true or do they give some power.
BTW! thanks you guys your a real big help. Those ti force full systems do sound nice, I got to hear one in person.
I want strong sound and lots of power

·
fear is healthy
1,038 Posts
rorlow said:
full TI-Force system with the shorty cans with conical end caps :rock
The TiForce system has been stunning this year for us. The guy we had was not quite as quick as the others because he had a few suspension problems which never got resolved !! BUT his bike was the fastest Yamaha through the speed traps at every round he entered in BSB this year. We had some short cans made by TiForce for us here in the UK and they did not add much more than extra over-rev but every bit helped.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.