Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Need... More... Trackdays
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever take the exhaust can off thier bike? Probly illegal but i think it would look kool:cool:

100th post OH YEAH:finger

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
That'd be pretty harmfull to the engine to run it without an exhaust for any length of time. Not to mention , most irritating to you and anyone standing around.

·
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okie dokie :thumbup just thought id ask

thx

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
if you do that you should try and get something like a Mirage exhaust made for your R6... do a search and you'll see some pics of them on R1's.. look pretty nice, if looks is all you care for..

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
I've been doing some thinking about that Mirage exhaust lately. Hmmmmmm tasty!!!. Yeah Gkiller , do a search on the site for that. If you have'nt seen it it's pretty badass, and you actually have to look for the exhaust if you've never seen one. Wait!!!

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Here ya go G killer

Attachments

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Same bike.........

Attachments

·
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy shit, thats sweet

how much$$$?

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts

·
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheaper than i thought u think it would work on an 03 r6

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Call them and ask them. No doubt they want to make some more money. Or you could just try to mod one for yourself. But if you look carefully I think you may be able to fab one up yourself at a well stocked Autozone.

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
man I've been tempted to go for that Mirage exhaust, but I'm afraid I would miss the Graves too much.. plus I wanna see someone who owns one post up some actual dyno runs with that thing on there... if the results are favorable (no change from stock or an improvement over stock) then I would seriously consider getting one.. they look :boobies :rock !!

·
the 1 and only
332 Posts
If i had the money for a dyno run i would be happy to post my results. But i don't :( . They have a dyno sheet on the website. I can honestly say that it sure as hell dosn't fell like their is any powerloss.:rock

Attachments

·