Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many ausies are also still waiting for their m's and has your dealer given you any kind of dates in relation to delivery times. I feel I am getting a run around and are hearing some conflicting stories as no one seems to be able to give me proper indication when I will be getting mine.

Surely it cant be such a secret when yamaha is making and shipping them. They must have planned production runs and shipping times . I am getting a bit over it

· Real Men Drag Their Right Knee
1,440 Posts
Im waiting and same as you the times are very vague.. Got told it should be late may early june but I think july will be more like it

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my origanal order was no 70 and advanced apparently to no 49 now. I was told by another dealer that if you dont have your bike now that there is a good chance that it would only be next year.

· Banned
672 Posts
I am in Adelaide. After my query and complaint I had a reply from Yamaha Australia that mine R1M will be here end of April. That was about 2 weeks ago. No update on it yet so it might be right. My dealer knows as much as I do which a fvck all.

· Registered
26 Posts
m1

How many ausies are also still waiting for their m's and has your dealer given you any kind of dates in relation to delivery times. I feel I am getting a run around and are hearing some conflicting stories as no one seems to be able to give me proper indication when I will be getting mine.

Surely it cant be such a secret when yamaha is making and shipping them. They must have planned production runs and shipping times . I am getting a bit over it
You look good on base, you'll look even faster on the M1

· Registered
46 Posts
Ive got mine.. I was lucky..
I got the first one of the floor.. and the dealer i got mine off (Melbourne based) already has their second one sitting in the shop waiting for pick up.
Don't hold me to this but i read around the internet traps shortly after the press launch at SMSP that 20 a month for 5 months would come into Australia for a total of 100 bikes all up in Oz.. Now im positive that i read that from a review from the Launch.. But i cant find it again.. I think it may have been taken down..

P.s All you other Aussies (if your on Facebook) should look up R1 Owners Australia and Join up.. Its a great group!

· Registered
46 Posts
I've heard from my dealer quoting info from Yamaha Australia that all Australian allocation was already sold even before the official launch. Interesting that you could still buy one two weeks ago.
Looks like they are running one big misinformation campaign to fool us all.
They have all been allocated.. But people do pull the pin on their order.
Yesterday Coast Yamaha (South Australia) had someone pull the pin on a bike and were offering it up again. It appears that the dealers are trying to hang onto what they have ordered when this happens.. Who can blame them!

· Banned
672 Posts
They have all been allocated.. But people do pull the pin on their order.
Yesterday Coast Yamaha (South Australia) had someone pull the pin on a bike and were offering it up again. It appears that the dealers are trying to hang onto what they have ordered when this happens.. Who can blame them!
I am not surprised as people get tired of being treated by Yamaha like retards. I myself have these thoughts now and then and if I hear one more time next week, that I have to wait without firm delivery date, the beemer will start looking mighty good.

· Registered
6 Posts
Well Shifu, prepare to get more interested in a Beemer. I paid the deposit, got an official Yamaha (Aust) receipt but still I have no firm delivery date, only the Dealers best guess (which is totally vague).

Like you, unless I hear something concrete soon-ish, I too might go look elsewhwere

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.