Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is going to ruffle some feathers but I gotta say it. Why in the world would you buy a bike for which the manufacturer went so far as to stack the trans vertically just to reduce the wheel base and then throw an ugly extension on it and completely subvert 1/2 of the engineering your money went to in the first place? I don't think it looks good on most of the bikes that have it and unless you are running sub 8s and a 300 tire it really seems pointless. Ok now if you have a dedicated 1/4 mile bike that's one thing but for street it just screams "posin" and when I catch them out in the canyons they are sooo slow in the corners its just sad.. nothing gained here. I mean.. sportbikes are sportbikes... not Harleys.. If its style above all for you, fine, but you are doing it to the wrong bike. Buy a pair of jeans or something its much cheaper. ALL of the people who do this around here know absolutely nothing about their bike, very little to nothing. Most don't even know what tire pressure they are running so WTF are you doing with THAT on there?

Sorry it has to be said.. If you like that look why not do it to a bike with a long wheel base to begin with. A busa - ok I guess but an R1 is criminal to me.. and 600s are even worse... seriously? I just can't get on board with it; it seems so uneducated. There are so many ways to make a bike look good instead of going with a cheesy fad that everyone is doing and makes your bike more cliche than modded.

I'm really not trying to offend - I don't need to look to far to see how many people disagree w/ me *looks out windows... "1" zoom .. "2" .... "3"... zoom* I'm rather curious how many folks feel the same way?

And this... THIS... I don't even know where to begin....

· Registered
9 Posts
The time and effort for people to fix their bike is appreciated on my end..some look great! Isn't that why we got the r1? The r1 looks aggressive is aggressive is sexy.. Its fast. And at the end of the day that's all that matters

· Premium Member
12,696 Posts
The time and effort for people to fix their bike is appreciated on my end..some look great! Isn't that why we got the r1? The r1 looks aggressive is aggressive is sexy.. Its fast. And at the end of the day that's all that matters
Especially if the do some work on their own.

I love working on my bike. I even like taking it apart to replace spark plugs.

Having a healthy bike makes me feel better.

· Registered
9 Posts
Especially if the do some work on their own.

I love working on my bike. I even like taking it apart to replace spark plugs.

Having a healthy bike makes me feel better.
Yeah if someone works hard on motorcycle and build it the way they see it.. Who cares who is the fastest up the hill or the most arrow dynamic, the point is that you make it your own that's why I ride

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
:corn

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a fan of the swing arm, just like you; but I absolutely LOVE the street fighter look. I was planning on buying another r1 so I could do something like this to it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I got zero beef with the street fighter look - some are really REALLY well done although I don't think the R1 lends itself well to the art as there are better choices to work with however... My point on this bike is, I always understood the street fighter to be a hooligan machine.. Take the weight off the front, put straight single piece bars on and wheelie it down main st... So this to me is a very confused bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.