Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd alert you guys here... There's a guy on the German Fazer (FZ1 in the US) Forum that has developed a little circuit that you can plug in when you take your EXUP motor out. The device eliminates the CEL you normally get with the motor unplugged.

The guy in Germany made the schematics of his device public so that anybody that wanted to could make them. Over on the FZ1 board, nobody was ready to start making them, so I contacted the guy that made the schematic and asked if he would make us some. He said he would, so I got money from a bunch of guys and got him to send me some of them. The reviews were so good the first time around that I'm placing another order with him.

If you want one, Paypal $53 to [email protected] by December 15. I'm not sure if I'll be doing another buy after this.

I realize this is my first post and this probably seems really shady. Please check out the post at the FZ1OA for more info. http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76593 I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a member to see it. Check out the thread from the first buy (linked to in the first post of the thread above) to see lots of discussion and responses from the first buy.

I'm honestly not extremely familiar with the R1 (yet), but I know on the 2006 and later FZ1 the EXUP does nothing for power. The valve itself comes off when you get a slipon, so lots of people get rid of them. The 1st generation FZ1 had the valve in the collector, and fueling was messed up if you removed it. I think the R1 still has the valve in the collector, so I don't know what the response to removing it is. I'm sure you guys have talked it to death over here just like us FZ1 guys have over there. Either way, I'm sure there are some of you that have taken the thing off and would appreciate getting rid of the motor without having a check engine light.

Please check out the FZ1OA thread and post any questions either here or there. I'll answer ASAP.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
you should call it 'sams servo sub'!:sing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hadn't heard of "sam's servo sub" before, but I just did a little searching on it. It's strange that he hasn't marketed it the the FZ1 guys.

It looks like sam's thing does the same thing as this, except that this just plugs in. There's no cutting involved in the installation of the EXUP defeater. Just unplug your motor and plug the tiny circuit board in where it was. If you want to, you can unplug the defeater and plug your motor back in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope. I'm just the facilitator. I'm only involved because I wanted one for myself and initiated contact with the guy that designed it. Then I started organizing it for the group because it's cheaper and easier for everyone to have one international shipment than to have a bunch of individual ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.