Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,my 4xv sems to be missing a little bottom end pick up so i checked the Exup and servo,and it seems to not be opening till about 4.5k revs.I checked the service manual and it says the servo should start to open at 2k revs,so i swapped out the servo for another and exactly the same result-4.5k revs.Would this be a case of the TPS being a bit out of whack?Another r1 owner told me his doesnt open til 4.5k either.Anyone shed any light on this?cheers for any replies folks.

· Registered
187 Posts
Have you adjusted the cables correctly? It should open very early and be fully open at 4500 rpm. What you're describing seems to be the result you get if you put the wires on wrong.

Here's some instructions on adjustment: http://www.thunderace.host.sk/thunderace_bestanden/howto/exup/

Its for a Thunderace so some things might look a little different but they all function in basically the same way and adjustmentwise its identical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.