Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Old enough to know better
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my exhaust to the Graves full system. In order to do that I had to remove the EXUP valve. Now I have a constant warning light because it detects a problem with the EXUP valve and also Error code 17 is on the display. Anyone know how to eliminate these errors?

· Old enough to know better
177 Posts
Install a Sams Servo Sub, or leave the exup motor in place and disconnect the cables at the servo.
I just took it all off and ignore the error code and check engine light that stays on. It won't hurt your motor in any way.

503 Posts
rottenr1 said:
Install a Sams Servo Sub, or leave the exup motor in place and disconnect the cables at the servo.
I just took it all off and ignore the error code and check engine light that stays on. It won't hurt your motor in any way.
You can also connect a jumper wire between the white/red and black/red wires to eliminate the diagnostic, but I would not recommend it. The jumper wire puts the EXUP control circuit in the ECU into oscillation (not good).

Like rotten suggested, I would either leave the servomotor in or install my product.

Sam

http://www.samannasystems.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.