Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my '04 R1 back after a full custom race prep job, from paint to motor, only one quesiton. For the first time I have dumped the Exup off the bike, I know the single resistor mod does not work as the ECU detects this as a full open stuck and creates a fault anyway.

Only question I have is, besides the fault light running, does it effect the performance in anyway via the ECU, keeping in mind I have a full race system with PCIII. I hear the ECU gets stuck in one ignition map, that true, I thought it was RPM related?

:fork

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been asking around,
1) You can't remove the exup and dis-able the fault light, unless you remove the bulb that is:no
2) Removing the Exup does not stop the bike from performing in anyway that is if you fit a full pipe and remap, just shows a fault.
3) There seems to be only one person who has a plug in fix but at a price.
4) You cannot just connect one resistor as the ECU will pick up it to be stuck open, the ECU monitors a variable resistance as you ride.:hammer:
5) You want the faults to not show then leave the servo motor connected, lob the exup thou.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.