Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think $7500 is a fair starting point. This thing is brand new. And it will spank an R6 for less money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is why I said $7500 or best. I see them on E-bay getting close to $7K with several thousand miles on them. You are right, there are better deals out there. But most of the R1s I have seen cheap have salvage titles. Which usually means they were wrecked or stolen. To each his own.

·
In Da Hood (Ft Hood)
454 Posts
If it helps, I bought my 01 with 2k miles on it bone stock with 2 helmets, leather jacket and gloves for $6200 almost 9 months ago...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That seems about right. You bought it at the end of the season. I would have sold this one for around mid sixes at the end of last season. Bikes usually sell for more in the spring. At least I am gambling it will sell better in the spring than it would have at the end of the season last year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must be looking in the wrong classifieds then. In my area, there are people asking more than me for 00 models with 8,000 miles on them. I just saw 01 R1s on e-bay that were bid up to $6800 with several thousand miles on them. So if you guys are getting your bikes that cheap, more power to you. Realisically, I know $7500 was on the high side. But since it is only Feb, I am testing the waters high side. Like I am sure you would do to. I am done chatting with you guys. If you are not interested, please stop hijacking my post.

·
blah blah blah
590 Posts
squidwardsR1 said:
dude im sorry but 7500 is kinda steep for an 01' even though it only has 600miles on it. You could spend a grand more and get a brand new R6. I just picked up an 00' fully modded for 2800$ although deals that good are rare 7500 is to much IMHO.
...and i bet that 00 u got has a salvage title

·
blah blah blah
590 Posts
from the forum FOR SALE SECTION RULES:

"There is alot of tendency to post negative replies when someone lists an item for sale that others consider "overpriced". Negative comments will not be tolerated. Too put it simply-If you dont have anything good to say; keep it to yourself."

So to you...Noob SquiddlywardR1...you bought an 00 for $2800...fan***ingtastic for you...now STFU hahahhaha

·
Registered
151 Posts
It won't sell for $7500 but he's not selling it for 7500, he's asking that.

I've been shopping for R1's for a few months and bought my 03 2 weeks ago.

Asian Mafia's bike aside, I have found no killer deals on R1's and I've been looking. Any TRULY Immaculate 2000 and up R1 with under 4000 miles (what I was looking for-making exception for Asian Mafia's 8000 mileage because it was so sweet) is hard to find for under 6500.

99taws6 deal is exactly the kind I was looking for but they are very hard to run across without driving 18 hours each way it seems. I looked at quite a few nice bikes that were ASKING anywhere from 6200-8900, but my definition of perfect is probably a little tougher than the descriptions you get on the phone and most people.

I ended up buying a perfect 03 with 620 miles and if it had been a 2001 with 600 miles and as perfect, that is worth 500 over the typical used bike to me. To some price is everything regardless of condition or miles and that's fine.

BTW if there are any good clear titled R1's within 6 hours of me that aren't too beat up for $2,800 or less, just PM me and I'll buy them.

Lighten up and let the dude sell his bike. If I had not bought mine, I'd be PM'g him an offer for 6-6400, with whatever he has for it and seeing if he'd meet me half way.

Later fellas.

RC

·
shoot first and shoot fast
2,926 Posts
I deleted a bunch of posts in this thread.

READ THE RULES, ABIDE BY THEM OR DONT POST IN THIS SECTION.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
YOu are too damn quick oisR1.....LOL

·
stock is bad
71 Posts
interesting post here....but one thing bothers me. that rule about not saying anything if it's not positive. what kinda crap is that? this is a discussion forum is it not? on any side of a discussion there are opposing points of view. through debate you hope to reach a conclusion. if the conclusion is that this bike is overpriced than so be it. if you don't want to hear any negative comments than sell it via private auction. sheesh.

incidentally, that term "hijacked" is misused. in order to hijack the post, someone would have to reply to the thread with THEIR competing bike for sale and a lower price.

to the section mod here that is randomly deleting posts that don't give a warm fuzzy feeling...can we not turn this forum into a censored area please? that would flat out suck. as long as the post isn't threatening or profane you should let it be. i agree--let the guy sell his bike by all means. he should just be prepared to hear the good AND the bad posts. anyone else have any comments?

·
shoot first and shoot fast
2,926 Posts
r1jake said:
interesting post here....but one thing bothers me. that rule about not saying anything if it's not positive. what kinda crap is that? this is a discussion forum is it not? on any side of a discussion there are opposing points of view. through debate you hope to reach a conclusion. if the conclusion is that this bike is overpriced than so be it. if you don't want to hear any negative comments than sell it via private auction. sheesh.

incidentally, that term "hijacked" is misused. in order to hijack the post, someone would have to reply to the thread with THEIR competing bike for sale and a lower price.

to the section mod here that is randomly deleting posts that don't give a warm fuzzy feeling...can we not turn this forum into a censored area please? that would flat out suck. as long as the post isn't threatening or profane you should let it be. i agree--let the guy sell his bike by all means. he should just be prepared to hear the good AND the bad posts. anyone else have any comments?
Regardless of what bothers you or not the rules are in place and they are not open to debate. yes this is a forum and there are sections that are open to discussions both positive and negative. The for sale section is not the proper place to debate someone elses sale. People post their items here to sell, and they should be allowed to do so without people making rude comments or interfering with the thread because the price is high.

Furthermore, this thread is not the proper place for you to solicit discussions regarding forum rules.

squidwardsR1, if you like accessing this section you need to be careful what you say. Saying "Admins suck" in this particular thread because your posts got deleted is not going to cut it. Your post will be deleted again. This is warning #2 so please just knock it off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.