Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
Anyone know advantages of these if any over the stock parts... apart from weight saving and bragging rights!!
mate if you are at the stage where titanium axles would be any performance advantage, you own a motogp bike. it's really just a bragging right thing at our level.

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
blur1 - Ti axles for R1's aren't that hard to find..... there's a place in San Diego California where you can get them.... at least last time I checked you could at least get a rear axle and the price was pretty decent.

www.racebolts.com

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
blur1 - Ti axles for R1's aren't that hard to find..... there's a place in San Diego California where you can get them.... at least last time I checked you could at least get a rear axle and the price was pretty decent.

www.racebolts.com
i appreciate it bro:thumbup, but i only want gold titanium nitrided axles. so if you know anywhere that has titanium axles like that then yeah i'd be all over it.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
You got platers in Australia right ? you could get it done yourself I would imagine :sneaky
true, but even racebolts dont have a 98-01 axle. its only 02+ on their website anyway. and i want a front axle and a swingarm pivot axle, and not a rear axle as i'm getting a harris w.s.b spec swingarm that has its own special rear axle anyway. but again thanks for looking out bro.:hellobye

·
Ya whatever, save it
2,514 Posts
Gotcha !! will keep my eyes peeled........

You mean like these bad boys ?

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/Category.aspx?CategoryID=2696

Do you have the Ohlin's on your bike too ? one of the axles Yoyodyne sells might fit ?

I'm lucky the Marzocchi's I have fit a 25mm axle so I've got more choices than the little axle the Yami's come stock with :jump

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.