Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Installed... Note these are a hell of alot harder to install than the factory ones. Maybe it was just my set but the factory bolts with washers were binding inside the holes machined for them... Needless to say I got them in but its tough when you don't know if the bolt is tight because of the fit or if its cross threaded in the housing. And make sure you use locktite in the future because they don't have the "safety" clip to hold the bolts in like the factory ones. They seemed quite heavy also. I wonder how light the graves ones are?

Attachments

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
SportbikerR1 said:
Incase anyone was wondering heres what the Black anodized Factory Pro Velocity Stacks for the 04-05 R1 look like. Sorry for poor pic quality... it was crappy day and poor lighting.
are those from factory pro anodized black or did you do that your self. I have the factory pro stacks installed and to me thier were easy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were anodized from factory pro themself.... I called and at the time that was the only set they had available. The part that the bolts were binding with was the bare alluminum bracket. The anodized tubes fit nice but the bolts were tight turning in the bracket without even attaching it to anything. It's very possible it was just my set.

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
I think I will have to get that anodizing done to mine they look nice. I never even thought about doing that. Thanks:hellobye

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
Eyespy said:
I'm thinking of anodizing the water pump impeller shaft of the 04 black :crash
very funny I think I will do the same:D

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
bryan niles said:
very funny I think I will do the same:D
C'mon now! How's my bike gonna stand out if we both do that? :lol

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL why not blue or green to match the water, or red if you have water wetter? No seriously i know you can't see them but thats what you get if you order from factory pro and say you want black anodized... no extra cost

·
12,213 Posts
SportbikerR1 said:
LOL why not blue or green to match the water, or red if you have water wetter? No seriously i know you can't see them but thats what you get if you order from factory pro and say you want black anodized... no extra cost
Hmm..you've given me an idea, I think clear powdercoating would be nice :D

·
12,213 Posts
a_l_existence said:
I'm going to get mine custom airbrushed with an awesome dragon
I might send mine to Paul Jr for some cool theme oriented customization. He could probably weld some awesome bar stock crap on it. That'd be cool!

·
12,213 Posts
Cerebroden said:
you kids make me laugh
What do ya mean, funny? Let me understand this cause, I don't know maybe it's me, I'm a little fooked up maybe, but I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh... I'm here to fookin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? :dunno

:lol

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Eyespy said:
What do ya mean, funny? Let me understand this cause, I don't know maybe it's me, I'm a little fooked up maybe, but I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh... I'm here to fookin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? :dunno

:lol
^^^ FuNnY like that:lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts