Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· K7
Joined
·
793 Posts
hmm

Alright guys , please don't make too much fun of me , but i've got a question about the stacks , i purchased mine from tobefast.com and the ones i got were pretty light and and plastic , the inner stacks that were the closes together were taller than the outer stacks , nothing like the ones in the upper pic ! , what i wanna know is does that make a difference ? mine aren't factory PRO , but with your help i would know if i should purchase the PRO ones !
ANY ADVICE would be greatly appreciated !
 

· eNVisible
Joined
·
660 Posts
Eyespy~ "You know, you're just funny..." ;)

Eyespy said:
What do ya mean, funny? Let me understand this cause, I don't know maybe it's me, I'm a little fooked up maybe, but I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh... I'm here to fookin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? :dunno :lol
 

· Love God, Wife, Kids, R1
Joined
·
382 Posts
Re: hmm

SpcRose said:
Alright guys , please don't make too much fun of me , but i've got a question about the stacks , i purchased mine from tobefast.com and the ones i got were pretty light and and plastic , the inner stacks that were the closes together were taller than the outer stacks , nothing like the ones in the upper pic ! , what i wanna know is does that make a difference ? mine aren't factory PRO , but with your help i would know if i should purchase the PRO ones !
ANY ADVICE would be greatly appreciated !
Sounds like you got the Graves units. I have those and they worked well for me.
 

· K7
Joined
·
793 Posts
Re: Re: hmm

R1PLUS said:
Sounds like you got the Graves units. I have those and they worked well for me.
Yup those are the ones , but what i wanna know is if the Factory Pro ones where all 4 stacks are the same height make a difference to the graves stacks ? or do they both do the job ?
 

· performance first
Joined
·
2,937 Posts
Re: Re: Re: hmm

SpcRose said:
Yup those are the ones , but what i wanna know is if the Factory Pro ones where all 4 stacks are the same height make a difference to the graves stacks ? or do they both do the job ?
The factory pro are tuned to give a good increase in the midrange with some top end gain thus the four tall stacks. The graves are tuned to give some in the midrange and more on the top end. Quick lesson. The shorter the stack the more for top end. The Longer the stack the more for midrange.:hellobye
 

· K7
Joined
·
793 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: hmm

bryan niles said:
The factory pro are tuned to give a good increase in the midrange with some top end gain thus the four tall stacks. The graves are tuned to give some in the midrange and more on the top end. Quick lesson. The shorter the stack the more for top end. The Longer the stack the more for midrange.:hellobye
THANKS ALOT B-Niles , that answered all my questions , im sticking with the ones i got !
:bow
 

· Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yup yup... mid range NICE now... girgle gone... :) me soooo happy... But anyways either stacks are good in my oppinion, but since I had specific issues with my mid-range I went with the factory pro.
 
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top