Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yates didn't even hit the guy hard. They were frustration taps. no punches were thrown and the drop kick barely landed.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Turbo329 said:
Yates didn't even hit the guy hard. They were frustration taps. no punches were thrown and the drop kick barely landed.
doesn't really mater in the eyes of the law does it...............

"I only winged him with that bullet, therefore it shouldn't count against me your Honor"

Yates is a bitch. Period.

The AMA oughtta suspend him and fine him to make a point, just like they did to the guys in the supercross/motocross series a couple of years ago.

·
Slow Poke
285 Posts
Yates should not have reacted that way and Fania should not have came across with the bring it on motions/attitude/comments. AMA should fine Yates and suspend him from a couple of superbike races. This whole pressing charges/civil suit crap from Fania will most likely wind up being a waste of everyone's time and money. It's racing, people get emotional and stuff happens. Just my .02 on the matter.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
R1Rider96 said:
Yates should not have reacted that way and Fania should not have came across with the bring it on motions/attitude/comments. AMA should fine Yates and suspend him from a couple of superbike races. This whole pressing charges/civil suit crap from Fania will most likely wind up being a waste of everyone's time and money. It's racing, people get emotional and stuff happens. Just my .02 on the matter.
Funny this is Yates was really at fault here. I saw the whole thing and watched it back several times. And what Yates did later was uncalled for. Not to mention watching him jump around like a little sissy. I hope he gets sued and suspended for a race or so.

Yates...................:no

·
I am allergic to stupidity!
271 Posts
I agree, with people on here. To me it looked like Yates to cut him off going around that curve, and got into Fania. To me Yates got a little agressive. Then Fania gets caught in his bike and gets drug to the barrier. Then Yates drop kicks him in the ass. I don't care if he barely hit or not. Then headbutts him with the helmet when he shoulder checks him. That was totally uncalled for. I don't think the police should be involved in this situation. But, if Fania feels he was assaulted for no reason then he should file charges. The AMA official didn't seem real concerned about it to me whne they were showing what happened in the pit. ALl he said was, "Let the AMA handle it."

The funniest thing is the masturbation motions Fania was doing after the shoulder block. A three race suspension and loss of points I think would be fair for Yates. I mean just because someone is yelling or eggin you on to fight him is no reason to drop kick him. And if I was Fania I would have told the pussy to come on too. It was his fault. My 2 cents.

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
Yates deserves to be held accountable to the fullest extent the law allows. Assault, AND battery....jerk.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
No doubt emotions run very high if not rampat during the heat of battle but A Yiiikes was outta control after he clearly initiated the contact plain and simple. What will happen is anyones guess but the AMA should get a firm grasp on the situation and resolve it at all costs immediately to avoid any further ramifications.

Had Fania been another factory rider i seriously doubt we would have witnessed the same.

BD

·
Slow Poke
285 Posts
I've seen this stuff before in other motorsports and other sports as well. Emotions are running high in the heat of competition, people sometimes throw punches, and act childish. Fine and/or suspend Yates and everybody get back to being focused on the racing season.

I believe if either or both had been seriously injured or killed, that we'd all be having a different conversation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yates was frustrated because he was having a decent run, and it was the end of a very long, tiring race. But that's no excuse for hitting the guy twice. You can jaw at someone all you want, but when you start swinging you are no longer acting like a professional.

Don't know if I'd go to the extent of a lawsuit (But Fania may be doing that so that the whole thing is documented, not really looking for a criminal suit) - But Yates should be fined and suspended for a race or two. (Kinda like NFL and other pro sports).

Pretty good race, though. Lots of lead changes for all sorts of different reasons.

MJB

·
Johnny Chimpo
2,220 Posts
Cant anyone get into a scuffle anymore w/o lawsuits? I mean, who really gives a ****! Yates made a mistake, big deal. Let them fight it out and beat the hell outta each other for all I care. Its called frustration and anger, stop being a bunch of pussies .

Fighting should be allowed in sports :) :2bitchsla :crash

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thats awesome! I hope Yates get whats coming to him (fines, sespencion, arrested ect). Remember last year when he ran out on the track and laid down in order to draw a red flag? Where is Suzuki finding these guys?

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
You guys are missing the point.yates gets paid ALOT of money to race and was had made VERY close pass's ALL DAY in the 600 race.We all were shocked he did not crash someone els.What about when he layed on the track at vir to get red flag??

What if his headbutt had broke the guys neck.What if the kick to the guys back had compressed a vertebre.?
it was unprofessional,uncalled for,stupid and he should be banned for the season for a start.

·
Moving sucks...
10,144 Posts
Yates' tantrum was unprofessional, he embarrased himself out there. I think a lawsuit would last about 3 minutes in court, but the AMA should fine him.

edit: If it had been Mladin, Muffin Man woulda had a stroke. :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
To heck with the what if's. Yates is my boy and i agree what he afterwards was wrong (funny as hell though now that everybody walked away). But i do believe it wasn't his fault , the other guy looked like he was putzing around the track And didn't maintain his line. So fine him for the attempted donkey kick and suspend him for a race...and look into fining the other guy for what looks to me to be utter brain fade. After all he could have broke yates's neck or compressed a vertebre.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts