Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
His name is Ron, I think. He was up at the gap with us last year during the convention, 06. He had a very nice video set up where he would film you going through the GAP. Hell of a nice guy and yeah he can ride his ass off. Justin, SVTlightning, knows him pretty well.

·
Over doing it
702 Posts
I used to ride with a guy about 10 years ago that had a thrashed out '84 Yamaha Maxim. He could smoke anyone on a stretch of road that didn't allow for copious amounts of full throttle riding.

·
Premium Member
23,060 Posts
Yellow Wolf is the goldwing out front, he no longer has the bike, he was there in 06....he did the gap in around 11 minutes and change from overlook to the store

·
Backmarker
1,247 Posts
Yellow Wolf is the goldwing out front, he no longer has the bike, he was there in 06....he did the gap in around 11 minutes and change from overlook to the store
Which one of these guys has "Dragon Parts Videos?"

I saw the bike at TWO in Suches. The big guy riding it was willing to video my WERA race friends from all angles (including a shot where he passes the subject) for a nominal fee. He had suspension and over 100k miles on that Goldwing. The footpegs were ground down to about 2" long!:scared Dude looked like a fast Santa.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
What was his name Aron??? what is Ron? or something close to that. Very nice guy!

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Yellow Wolf's name is Rick Wolf. He sold the bike and no longer does the videos.

Rick!!!!!! I knew it started with an R.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
I don't remember seeing him up there this past year. He was pretty cool.
Yeah , when I asked where he was they said he retired and sold the bike to spend more time with his kids. He was definatetly sheet hot on that wing though and I've personally witnessed those pegs and his riding.:bow

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Yeah , when I asked where he was they said he retired and sold the bike to spend more time with his kids. He was definatetly sheet hot on that wing though and I've personally witnessed those pegs and his riding.:bow
Somebody like that wont stay off a bike for very long!

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
im not saying hes old. but he is getting grey, and if hes spending time with his kids, he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and might not be back for quite some time....

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
im not saying hes old. but he is getting grey, and if hes spending time with his kids, he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and might not be back for quite some time....

Nah , from the information I got it's all but assured he'll be back. He sold his goldwing and bought dirtbikes to ride with the kids. His kids know what he did on the wing and they're just getting into riding. Considering the area in which they live and the passion for things two wheeled it's only a matter of time before the kids are on streetbikes with thier dad.

And old is a state of mind. I've had a grey beard since I was 19yrs old. If you've seen some of the faster riders at the Gap , it becomes immediately apparent that age is'nt a factor, because there are quite a few who were probably in high school when my dad was born and I'm 39.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.