Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The biggest Woody!
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, who has taken either of these schools. I'm looking for opinions and feedback on which is better.

Also I'm on a waiting list for FAST already and looking for an opening. I need a day where I can use my own bike.
IF you know anyone who is booked and can't make it I'd gladly take their spot.

thanks

·
Once more into the breech
342 Posts
FAST is a riot. Lots of track time, and Michelle and the boys(Mrs Mercier too) make it a fun day with lots of learning and feedback on your riding. Their race prepped bikes allow you to throw the bike around without fear of wadding your own bike, and the supplied riding gear is top notch. I did Phase I last August and I am going back this June for more of the same. Great experience and you can buy photos at the end of the day that are very well done and cheap($20). Worth every cent IMHO.

·
The biggest Woody!
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:confused: You really get around. don't you ever have to work???

·
Canadian Drinking Team
1,771 Posts
I did FAST and hated every second of it. Basically, if you've taken the M2 Safety Course.... you know everything they are gonna teach you. Its the same damn course except on 600cc bikes on a track instead of 125's in a parkinglot. I wish I would have invested that $500 into track days. They mentioned nothing about corner speeds and lean angles and how to hang off the bike and proper techniques.... you'd be better off doing track days with some of your more experienced friends, and having them give you pointers. Although, the pics were kinda cool.

Attachments

·
Once more into the breech
342 Posts
Wow, totally different experience at the same school. Rob was my instructor and spent alot of time with me focusing on position, lines, entrance/exit speeds, braking/accellerating, and hanging off the bike. Geez, maybe I was such a disaster that they felt sorry for me and gave me a break:( Nawww, they must have seen the talent hidden within:lol

·
Canadian Drinking Team
1,771 Posts
My instructor was Michelle's, son's friend that he brought along for the day. The kid was no more than 17 y/o and had nothing valuable to say to anyone.

·
The biggest Woody!
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input guys.

·
2003 R1 blue
302 Posts
fast

I had Rob as an instructor as well and he went over everything. R1Matt I think you just had a bad day. I went twice. The second time they went into trail braking and slidding the rear tire. It was a blast both times and I would go back again.

·
15,000 Feet and falling....
1,411 Posts
I have been riding for a few years now and I still have never been on a track. I'm originally from Northern Ontrario where tracks are few and far between.

Finally, this year, I'll be taking a fast course on June 9th. It's about time. I can't wait to get on a track.

After my course I'll have the confidence and track experience to take the one and hit some track days.

Can't wait :thumbup

·
The biggest Woody!
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a spot in Phase 1 May 27th, Modsquad and I are taking it together. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
get that bike ready.... we have less then 4 weeks.....

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
and.... what type of mercedes are we towing my trailer with??? :)
hehehehe

·
The biggest Woody!
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmmm. I guess I'd better get a hitch on something. Maybe an ML500?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts