Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
(.) (.) + Liquor = My Job
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone with either an 02 or 03 R1 give me the height and width of the tail light? I got a wild idea and I wonder if it will work. Also does anyone know if you can buy the taillight already integrated? I know you can buy a kit seperately for them but since I would have to buy a new one anyone I was curious if I can get one already integrated. THANKS.

·
Professional retired guy
2,187 Posts
Yes, most vendors will sell you an already intergrated taillight. Try VFX, I know they do. If you are thinking of doing a tail swap from an 02 to an 01 do a search, it's been done.

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
yeah.. VFX's DR X kit is the shiznit!!

very quality.. very cool.. a pure example of sweetness...

IXI

·
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ronin R1 said:
Yes, most vendors will sell you an already intergrated taillight. Try VFX, I know they do. If you are thinking of doing a tail swap from an 02 to an 01 do a search, it's been done.
Thanks for the info... your close about the tail swap. I'm not sure if I'll like the sharp 02 tail on my curvy 01 bike. I have seen a few pics and its OK but I dont know if its what I want.

I have a friend whos a master fabericator and I was going to see if maybe he could make me an undertail to fit my bike with the 02 tail light. He made his own complete CF tailsection on his RC51 and used a tail light similar to the 02 R1s... I think it was off an older Honda 900. Regardless its one piece and thin.

Now if only somone could go measure their tail light for me that would be great!

·
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"bertr1" said:
J why didnt you just message me on MSN foo

You want my tail light kit? You've seen the setup havent you?
I tired messaging you dude but you weren't on when I posted this! LOL How about the whole tail light? LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts