Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amidst the pandemic, I've been listening to a lot of new comedians on podcasts (much of it previously recorded), etc. Someone I already like who's still fairly new released a special tonight. Worth a watch if you ask me!

Share some of your favorite bits.

·
Venom X/O
23,865 Posts
I can always watch some Louie CK.

Lately though, I’ve been watching some comedy clips from Michael Davis. Unfortunately most of the stuff available on YouTube is similar skits, but there’s some real clean comedy gold with him.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That MIchael Davis bit definitely got a few laughs from me. Pretty sure both of us weren't born yet when that was filmed!

I generally love Louis CK's work. I didn't pay/watch the newest material from him because it sounded like a lot of the leaked stuff, which was more of a pity party than a comedy show. I'm not giving up, though.

·
Venom X/O
23,865 Posts
That MIchael Davis bit definitely got a few laughs from me. Pretty sure both of us weren't born yet when that was filmed!

I generally love Louis CK's work. I didn't pay/watch the newest material from him because it sounded like a lot of the leaked stuff, which was more of a pity party than a comedy show. I'm not giving up, though.
So far the new stuff I will def agree is him trying to play pity cause he got caught in the metoo movement, but I will say his was a different situation all together. It’s not as funny as his 05-15 stuff though.
As for the not being born part, no I was not yet born for some of his stuff

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,908 Posts
That Michael Davis bit definitely got a few laughs from me. Pretty sure both of us weren't born yet when that was filmed!
Probably not. I saw him in San Francisco doing a free show in Ghirardelli Square in 1980. He's always good at juggling different weights and shapes, which is particularly challenging. He juggled an egg, an apple and a bowling ball. Then started taking a bite of the apple when it came around, ended by smashing the egg against his forehead. Very talented and good comedic timing as well.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, he’s just not funny
I think I liked maybe the first special of his I saw, but I do find it to be a bit of a chore listening to him now for more than a few minutes. "Persistently Hammered Aussie" is a persona that just didn't age well with me. It's more that than his writing, which I think can still be very good.

·
Venom X/O
23,865 Posts
I think I liked maybe the first special of his I saw, but I do find it to be a bit of a chore listening to him now for more than a few minutes. "Persistently Hammered Aussie" is a persona that just didn't age well with me. It's more that than his writing, which I think can still be very good.
We are in the same boat. He had glimpses of being funny but barely. I don’t care about a comedians politics, just be real, relate, and be funny. Jeffries isn’t any of those

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think my all-time favorite is Dave Chappelle. Netflix specials were all quite good, and I recall loving this one back in the day -

There haven't been a whole lot of comedian "legend" specials out recently. I remember liking some of Ellen's. She's apparently a monster of a person, though, so whatever.

Jerry Seinfeld's newest Netflix one is pretty clean (as you'd expect) and has a few observations and points that made me laugh. He puts together a really tight act.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Trying to get back to a sense of normality. Tonight I drank at a bar for the first time in months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts