Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a set of feeler gauges narrow enough to check the valve clearance on the center intake valves? I've tried everywhere, even ordered a set from Motion Pro, which were narrow enough, but not long enough. If you have a source, please share.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already tried that. Unfortunately, the '99 factory service manual doesn't list the tools in the special tools section or the valve clearance section, and I've combed the rest of the manual to no avail. Naturally, my local Dealer is useless, so I'm looking for anyone that has the part number or an alternative. Aprreciate the help though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, modifying feeler gauges renders them inaccurate. And I already have the cams out and I can read the shims, but that doesn't do you any good unless you have the clearance, which requires the feeler gauges :mad:

Curses

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
I beleive you can get a set of very narrow feeler gauges from Honda.
If i remember correctly they are the type with the bend in the end, and are approx 3 inches long.
I don't know a part number, but maybe someone who works at a dealership can help.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts