Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Live Life To the Fullest
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, can any of you out there that have a 2004/2005 R1 hit the feelers on the pegs. Just curious because a friend was riding it and right when the feeler hit the ground the rear tire washed out. Are the stock tires no good or what. Any info will be appreciated.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,681 Posts
i've dragged the feelers at Deals gap using BT-012ss.... that very same day i removed them..... the 218's really arn't that bad if you keep them up to temp.... but they do lack in grip during extream lean angels..... i wore my 218's edge to edge on the rear.... but i never dragged anything doing it.....

my sugestion if you ride hard and start draggin parts.... it's time to get rid of the stock tires.... if your just a conservative rider and don't get into extream lean angels.... then the stock tires really arn't as bad as people say... just change them when you hit the ware bars... or you'll be slideding the rear every where

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.