Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MK Racers 51-50
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is available for the 04. I ordered the Custom LED tail light and don't want anything that will cover the back end too much. Any Ideas would be awesome.:fork

·
Camshaft
283 Posts
:confused: There are two threads about this already. Graves is the only one at the moment that you can buy. Problem with the graves is that it has turn signal mounts. I ordered one but will have to grind off the mounts and repaint. There are a few good ideas floating around though. Check those threads out. "still no fender eliminators for the 04" and "Graves fender eliminator." Those two threads may give you some ideas as well. Cheers...:thumbup

·
MK Racers 51-50
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man I'm new here:)

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
You can always put the plate where rear pegs are

·
Registered
186 Posts
use zip ties under the seat and your plate sits snug right in by the exhaust and is very visible. I have a thread with pics on it.

·
Rather be riding.
248 Posts
Hey WILL,

Check out the fender eliminator for the 04 R1 at www.1tail.com.

It's cool but REALLY pricey!!! :eek:

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Where is it?

·
Rather be riding.
248 Posts
Sorry, it doesn't like the period at the end: www.1tail.com

It's under yamahan in the fender eliminator kits section...

·
My R1 drinks Inca Kola
113 Posts
either that, or if you are cheap like I am :bash then you can always make your own....use the brackets out of your reflectors and then bolt on to the frame out of the stock fender....voila! It will cost you... er... 0$$

Angel :jump

Attachments

·
Rather be riding.
248 Posts
Looks great EATER! I saw your home made signals on another thread, REALLY nice! :thumbup

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm going with EATER on this one, I can't drop $100 on a 4 inch piece of steel. Just me though, I'd rather the $$$ for the LED taillight!

·
Rather be riding.
248 Posts
I think I am going to make my own as well. I don't really like the graves eliminator. The other one is certainly over priced and NY2NJ gives it a thumbs down. I think there is another thread out there that indicates that it isn't such a good product. Sorry for the bad info WILL, that's why this forum ROCKS!!! :rock

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
hmm eater....what car is that beside ur bike ? pics ?

looks fierce eh...

·
Dark Horse
3,075 Posts
I was foolish enough to buy Competetion Werkes kit. I spent well over $100 for the one I bought and was so dissapointed. It's basically cut sheet metal that corrodes, has sharp edges like a can opener and comes with poor, illegible instructions. Cutting was required with the F4i I bought it for. I ended up buying an undertail.

Cyclemall.net sold 02 R1 fender eliminators. Not sure about the 04. These were powdercoated and cost around $60. Not cheap considering you can make your own for a fraction of the cost, but the quality was there.

My advice is to make your own or wait for someone else to make their own design and start selling them on the forum or eBay. I bought a basic bracket off eBay for $25 for my 02, but accidentally sold it with the bike.

·
My R1 drinks Inca Kola
113 Posts
buja said:
hmm eater....what car is that beside ur bike ? pics ?

looks fierce eh...
That would be "cone eater"....the S2000 autocross queen :)

By the way, to all of you guys that pm'd me, I will be doing a write up tonight or on Friday about the bracket...DON'T BUY ANYTHING YET...it will take you 5 minutes to do and won't cost you a penny (or maybe $ 0.99 if you don't have a phillips screwdriver... :crash )

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
fender eliminator plastic pudding

I also went for the custom led thing.
Its kind of tricky if you dont have your dremmel tool I had to use every knife in the kitchen to get the tail light bulb apart.
I orderd a small reg. plate on the web.
And bought a reg. plate lamp at the gas station and some plastic pudding... viola mix the three together and you get a nice registration plate holder with built in light.
custom fitted with space to go with or without passenger pegs.. see pics.

/bjorn

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts