Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Over doing it
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been a big fan of the complete fender elimination. I may get in trouble for this but its a look that every last street punk has long since mastered. I decided there must be a way to make the factory fender look a little better so I did a little tinkering last weekend. This is what I came up with. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I'm really not liking it.

You know what would make it look a little better:

take it off :)

·
training to be a cage fighter
2,001 Posts
everyone has a fender eliminator because it is the most effective and cheapest mod you can do to clean up the look of a bike...

don't be tight and shell out for proper eliminator cos ur one does look like ass (no offence :thumbup)

·
My R1 Makes my wife Jealous
511 Posts
:2bitchsla

Sorry man, I'll have to agree with everyone else....

Looking good it's not.......

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Looks stock to me...for the most part. BTW, I wouldn't post your license plate on here.

·
2,001 Posts
Sabian said:
Looks stock to me...for the most part. BTW, I wouldn't post your license plate on here.
this has been said before... but i can't see why not?

only people with access to a registration database would be able to get up to no good with that info...

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
dezr1 said:
this has been said before... but i can't see why not?

only people with access to a registration database would be able to get up to no good with that info...
You'd be really surprised to find out what the average joe with a little computer knowledge can find out with just knowing your name and ssn/license/cc number...etc

·
2,001 Posts
Sabian said:
You'd be really surprised to find out what the average joe with a little computer knowledge can find out with just knowing your name and ssn/license/cc number...etc
well I'm an average joe and i wouldn't have a fuggin clue how to use that info...

and if you think there are crooks that will steal your bike on this forum, then i assume u choose not to go riding or do any trackdays with other forum members until they undergo a police background check :dunno

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
dezr1 said:
well I'm an average joe and i wouldn't have a fuggin clue how to use that info...

and if you think there are crooks that will steal your bike on this forum, then i assume u choose not to go riding or do any trackdays with other forum members until they undergo a police background check :dunno
Are you kidding me...there are 55k people on this forum. I trust a good number of them...but 54k of them easily I wouldn't know from Adam...and if you read around a little, shit does happen, scams occur..etc.

Granted, I'm not saying I'm going to do a background check on everyone, I think you are over reacting, i'm just saying, I work in computer field...I have seen what can happen...it really doesn't take much. Those that think otherwise should open their eyes a little. Doesn't take much to just not post your license plate. Why are you getting bent out of shape over a suggestion?

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
2,001 Posts
Sabian said:
Doesn't take much to just not post your license plate. Why are you getting bent out of shape over a suggestion?
i dont post my number plate as a precaution cos like you said it doesnt take much time to cover it up... but i just think it would be very unlikely that it would get stolen just cos of that... :thumbup

1 - 20 of 40 Posts