Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should you add your mods right away, Exhaust, mapping, etc, or is it better to break your bike in with the stock equipment?

Do titanium pipes get hot like aluminum or do they stay relatively cool like carbon fiber?

Thanks guys! Cant wait until it actually comes in!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
Rooster62181 said:
Should you add your mods right away, Exhaust, mapping, etc, or is it better to break your bike in with the stock equipment?

Do titanium pipes get hot like aluminum or do they stay relatively cool like carbon fiber?

Thanks guys! Cant wait until it actually comes in!!!
Breaking it in with aftermarket pipes will do you no harm.

Titanium is cooler than aluminum, and cools faster of the three. And look a lot better.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
be sure to post pics when it comes in!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
martinc said:
Er.....titanium is metal...it keeps heat longer than carbon.

You can touch a carbon can right after a ride,dont try it with ti.

pschhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Hmmm..............They seem about the same to me (Ti vs. CF).
 

·
Action figure sold separately
Joined
·
12,225 Posts
NO, Ti will be very hot to touch. Try it on my 00 r1, it has a full Ti system. Touch any of it after a ride, you'll burn your finger :crash
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
Eyespy said:
NO, Ti will be very hot to touch. Try it on my 00 r1, it has a full Ti system. Touch any of it after a ride, you'll burn your finger :crash
I guess it has been about seven or eight years since I had a CF can, I forgot how much cooler it is than Ti. Thanks peeps for keeping my memory fresh. :yesnod
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,870 Posts
I have a CF can on my R6 and a full Ti system on my R1. The Ti is VERY hot after even just letting the bike warm up for 5 minutes. I think Ti might be hotter than aluminum.
 

·
Action figure sold separately
Joined
·
12,225 Posts
Rooster62181 said:
thanks guys! Everyone agree that I am ok breaking in the bike with aftermarket pipes?
Well, I can't say that everyone will agree, because we can find someone to argue with just about anything, but yes, you are ok doing the break-in with an aftermarket pipe. Make sure your a/f ratio is good, though, whether it's break-in or not.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
Eyespy said:
Well, I can't say that everyone will agree, because we can find someone to argue with just about anything, but yes, you are ok doing the break-in with an aftermarket pipe. Make sure your a/f ratio is good, though, whether it's break-in or not.
:iamwithst
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top