1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
black = the color of my r1
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When reading this please keep in mind:
This is my first 190/55 tire
Prior to these tires, my suspension was set to be plush for the commuting
The only other tires I used for riding was PP, so I can?t compare to pp2ct or power one
I may not be as fast as you
I may be faster than you
The bike is used only for canyon carving and riding to carve canyons... not much more
My tire pressure is currently set at 30/29

Alright here goes my review, the tires themselves look great, and they ride as good. They turn in a little better and instill a little more confidence with the softer compound that goes higher on the tire, however I foresee them not lasting very long (1200-1500 miles of canyon carving) in aggressive or semi-aggressive riding. The confidence has increased my speed going into and coming out of the corner. They have not slipped on me once. These may very well be my tire of choice for awhile. The prices are really good right now. I will have a track day review for you after april 17th.

Joe

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
When reading this please keep in mind:
This is my first 190/55 tire
Prior to these tires, my suspension was set to be plush for the commuting
The only other tires I used for riding was PP, so I can?t compare to pp2ct or power one
I may not be as fast as you
I may be faster than you
The bike is used only for canyon carving and riding to carve canyons... not much more

Alright here goes my review, the tires themselves look great, and they ride as good. They turn in a little better and instill a little more confidence with the softer compound that goes higher on the tire, however I foresee them not lasting very long (1200-1500 miles of canyon carving) in aggressive or semi-aggressive riding. The confidence has increased my speed going into and coming out of the corner. They have not slipped on me once. These may very well be my tire of choice for awhile. The prices are really good right now. I will have a track day review for you after april 17th.

Joe

NICE Review. :fact

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
Nice. More stick but more wear. Looking forward to your track review!

·
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As it seems, these tires may last 2k, gone very well so far without slip (750 miles) and I will prolly have a new set for the track day seems how I have been riding every weekend. I am not one to brag much but with these tires, the confidence lvl is way high, so much so that others have noticed that I am faster with these tires, as the tires wear more I will let everyone know what the life span is

Joe

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
As it seems, these tires may last 2k, gone very well so far without slip (750 miles) and I will prolly have a new set for the track day seems how I have been riding every weekend. I am not one to brag much but with these tires, the confidence lvl is way high, so much so that others have noticed that I am faster with these tires, as the tires wear more I will let everyone know what the life span is

Joe

Makes Sense.

Softer Stickier tires hold better, and give you more confidence. :fact

·
Registered
814 Posts
Great Review!! I like my Diablo IIIs for now..

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,511 Posts
how many miles did you get out of the pps?

2k isnt very confidence inspiring for my wallet

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
how many miles did you get out of the pps?

2k isnt very confidence inspiring for my wallet

He's got 750 miles so far.

He he estimating they should at least get 2000 miles.

So, guess, we are all still waiting for someone to take a tour across the country NOW... and get some THousands of miles on them. :)

·
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got 5k miles with my pilot powers with commuting and canyon carving, now I only canyon carve... I would get a lot more if I commuted too... but at the current price, it isn't that bad on the wallet for me

·
Never made a great wheelie..
1,519 Posts
Thanks Joe. Just ordered my Pures from Hardracing tonight. Looking foward to trying them out.

·
Never made a great wheelie..
1,519 Posts
Hmmm. What happened to Paytheons post?

·
Motorcycle Affectionado
336 Posts

Joe
Can we have an update on the tire wear please?

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
Can we have an update on the tire wear please?
about 500 miles on my rear. scrubbed in half-decent but otherwise minty. even at proper FL pressure (36ish) grip is no issue. i'd guess on better roads at decent pressures wear will be more than acceptable in relation to performance.

everything you hear about these is true to my early estimation. pull the trigger on em and don't look back. :fact

·
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish I could give a better idea on tire wear, but I haven't ridden for a few weeks due to the exhaust is being painted 3 weeks ago, my kids party last weekend, and I had family over 2 weeks ago, I wish I could give more info, but right now the bike is just sitting until the track day

My apologies
Joe

·
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, the track review of the tires will be posted up tomorrow, i am too tiredand i wont make much cents...

·
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
alright, the tire pressure i ran first was 26/28 but i had to adjust to 27/28 cuz the rear tire was a slipping a touch

i ride B group with ease but not the fastest there but at a faster pace then others

Now on to the tire after finding a good tire pressure, i kept going faster and faster into the corners (not my imagination but actually going faster)
they held out well under the torque of first gear at 11k rpm and accelerating hard out of the corner leaned over
they held really well... very sticky...
however this does mean i wont be able to gauge how many miles they last on the street due to the trackday wear....
and yes paytheon, power ones are a better tire, but they exceed my current needs
let me know if you have any other questions, the track was streets of willows

1 - 20 of 40 Posts