Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a waitin and a waitin, and yesterday I finally picked her up, my blue 04 that is. Finally got um in Iowa!! Gonna be 55 today and Im goin ridin!!
S......

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
rdr4evr69 said:
I have been a waitin and a waitin, and yesterday I finally picked her up, my blue 04 that is. Finally got um in Iowa!! Gonna be 55 today and Im goin ridin!!
S......
Congrats!! Now where are the pics?

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics to come! soon... That is pretty messed up about that guy, he should have his fingernails and toe nails pulled out, that would be a good start, along with needles poked through his nuts ofcourse!!

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could happen anywhere though, so where it happened is not any scarier that the fact that it did happen, if ya know what I mean...
S......

·
Point it at the sky
867 Posts
congrats! but promise me one thing... when you get some miles on it... write us a good review (since you've owned a 2000, an '02, and now an '04)! I'd love to hear your take on all three and what you liked/disliked about them. PM when you finally post it! THANKS!~

enjoy the bike man!

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can do that, it will prolly be a few weeks or so, and actually I have owned a 99, 00, 02, and now a 04. I have had a lot of sport bikes, I believe 22, 23 including the 04!!! I will let you know what me thinks....... I picked mine up yesterday, it now shows 0000 miles on it!!!! My first impression is that this bike sounds KICK ASS, even with stock pipes, has a nice rumble unlike any stock bike I have had. The closest bike to sounding as cool stock was my 99 ZX9R, but it was nowhere near as nice sounding as the 04 1...More info to follow, I am going for at least a short ride today....
S....

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First impression on riding the new 1! The bike is light handeling, feels like a R6 only handles even better, i didnt do many turns or anything but just flicking it back and forth, WAY different than the 02, and the 02 was way better than the 99 and 00. The low end power is not so great from what I could tell, as I topped out at 4200rpms or so. My 02 would reach for the sky when blipped at 3, not on the 04..only rode 20 miles so thats about it...
S....

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This one is for all of you that have not seen a 04 with the key on to see the color of the gauges, I think it is great, beeper blue than before.... I put this pic up because I have not seen anyone that has an R1 put it up yet.
S... anything else anyone want let me know.

Attachments

·
Power Hungry
330 Posts
K/A man!! Seeing all the new biikes is making my wait harder. I'm 7th in line at the dealer for one, a red one at that. Hope to get it within their said time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Great pics rdr4evr69. :rock

I'm so jeoulous :bow

I especially like the one with the gauges. That looks so cool at night. I bet it looks a lot better in person.

:rant WHERE THE HELL IS MY R1!!!! I WANT IT NOOOOOWWWW!!!!!! :rant

1 - 18 of 18 Posts