Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting forever to finally get here, and I just flew in last night. Got a nice $300 standby ticket from a friend that worked for Hawaiian, but with Aus Air collapsing, they filled up the normally empty Hawaiian flights and I almost didn't get a seat. I finally got one at the last minute, and they stuck me in the first row in first class. It was so horrible. The seat was so comfy, they kept feeding me chocolates and sandwiches and free alcohol. I never slept so good on a plane. But I'm here now. I'll get at PMing some of you in the Sydney area that I've talked to before, but I don't get my bike here for another month and a half or so. Hope to see you guys around!

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
You landed in the wrong city mate. Gold Coast is where you want to be! :lol j/k

Welcome! :thumbup

And watch out for the cops! They're bastards here.

Did you just decide to move over or here for work?

·
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You landed in the wrong city mate. Gold Coast is where you want to be! :lol j/k

Welcome! :thumbup

And watch out for the cops! They're bastards here.

Did you just decide to move over or here for work?
My wife is Aussie so I moved out here to be with her. We may eventually want to migrate up to Brisbane after a few years.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
i remember when you were first thinking of coming here! that was agessss ago.
now that you're here, sydney has the gay mardi gras. melbourne has phillip island. you choose!:hammer::flex:

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,587 Posts
Needless to say, I'm jealous. Would love to move to AUS.

·
R1SP only the best will do
2,641 Posts
Welcome to OZ mate. Once you get to know the place you will know that Melbourne has the best food & is the sports capital of the world, oh yeah it's also cheaper to live in. Sydney has a bridge (Melbourne's is bigger) and a bunch of large sea shells they call an opera house & also is the gay capital. But you may like it, did I mention Sydney's rainfall is double that of Melbourne.

·
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to OZ mate. Once you get to know the place you will know that Melbourne has the best food & is the sports capital of the world, oh yeah it's also cheaper to live in. Sydney has a bridge (Melbourne's is bigger) and a bunch of large sea shells they call an opera house & also is the gay capital. But you may like it, did I mention Sydney's rainfall is double that of Melbourne.
Im finally settling in but really busy with work and union training so i havent been on here much. My wife doesnt like melbourne much. It does seem to pour when it rains here in sydney though. My wife did buy me some good rain gear before i came so im sure ill get to test it out quite a bit

·
2,641 Posts
Im finally settling in but really busy with work and union training so i havent been on here much. My wife doesnt like melbourne much. It does seem to pour when it rains here in sydney though. My wife did buy me some good rain gear before i came so im sure ill get to test it out quite a bit
Maybe you will be down when the Moto GP hits Phillip Island in October :sneaky

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,248 Posts
Welcome to Oz, glad you finally made it man. Shame you're just in time for winter! I hope you're settled enough by spring to get some track time at Eastern Creek Raceway. :thumbup

·
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to Oz, glad you finally made it man. Shame you're just in time for winter! I hope you're settled enough by spring to get some track time at Eastern Creek Raceway. :thumbup
I'm still waiting on my bike to get here, and I think Eastern Creek is just about full up for the season. I looked at their bookings and the only things left are the slowest and the fastest groups for the season. There may have been a few more groups in there, but none of the second to fastest group.

My bike was originally supposed to be here on the 10th of April, but it's been delayed about 3 weeks at least because US Customs are a bunch of idiots. My bike got denied by them because I didn't have military orders with the shipment, but I am not in the military anymore and my move has nothing to do with the military. But my authorization letter from my bank to move my motorcycle refers to me as Petty Officer because that's what they always refer to me as. I tried to tell the shippers it's just a title, but US Customs sucks. I'm trying to ship it OUT of the US, not IN, so I don't know WTF their problem is.

·
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can you bring over an 2006 R1LE for me? I will pay you handsomely for it :sneaky and I am not kidding :no
I wish I could, but Aus only lets me import one vehicle every 5 years and I have to have owned it and prove that I have been riding it for over a year. I even had to provide a picture of each page of my passport to show I was in the same country as my bike for the past year. It's a pain in the ass.

·
2,641 Posts
I wish I could, but Aus only lets me import one vehicle every 5 years and I have to have owned it and prove that I have been riding it for over a year. I even had to provide a picture of each page of my passport to show I was in the same country as my bike for the past year. It's a pain in the ass.
Bastards, I can understand protecting the local market but if you can't buy a certain model in this country what's the problem, stupid :bash:dundun:

·
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bastards, I can understand protecting the local market but if you can't buy a certain model in this country what's the problem, stupid :bash:dundun:
I don't know if you would want an original one, but from what I have heard back in the day, you could get comparable or better upgraded parts equal to the LE for roughly $5000, and then possibly get the plastics shipped over to make it look the same.

·
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damn, I was just looking up prices on the panels, and they are expensive! When I was going to replace almost the whole set for my 04 including the tank airbox cover, all right side plastics, tail, ram air tube, front stay, nose cowl AND headlight, it was only $830 shipped from Ron Ayers. Now just the mid assemblies are over $400 and the front cowl is over $250.

·
2,641 Posts
I don't know if you would want an original one, but from what I have heard back in the day, you could get comparable or better upgraded parts equal to the LE for roughly $5000, and then possibly get the plastics shipped over to make it look the same.
I would like the original for I have a 2006 R1SP & 50th Anniversary model so I was after the set :) There is only one R1SP for sale in OZ and he wants $25,000 for it standard (dreaming) :fact

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.