Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally - My new R paint is done - ready for the next season - almost

It was a long few weeks for me.
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been busy removing my old race bodywork, sanding, bondoing, fiberglassing and prepping the living hell out of it.
On Saturday, got to prime it and get it set for shooting paint.
Then, on Sunday, I shot the paint and the clear on the skins.
I think it came out good.
I will still take a wet sand paper to it (like a 2000 or so), and will wet sand the hell out of it for that extra nice shine. Then a good buff to finalize it all.
So it is not all done. I would have never guessed it takes so much to do bodywork for a bike. Now that I know it though, I am glad I did it for the sake of knowing what to do.
I am attaching a before and after pics.
One thing I added were the accents on the upper. They are the lines that go from the sides of windshield to the intake corners. Before, it was just a smooth bubble type of upper, and I thought I needed to break it up a bit.
So let me know what you think of the addition, and the color. Will take some better pics in a bit (after the final polish).

Pics before:

Attachments

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
Looks good to me! :cool:

What track do you usually go to?

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
Sorry I anticipated you. :blush The final product looks wayyyy better!

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
I like the color setup!

·
Track bound.
9,822 Posts
Looks really good man.

I'm in the process of repairing my bike after getting taken out at Homestead. I'm changing the shape of some of the body while I'm at it and doing a whole new scheme... Pics soon.

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks really good man.

I'm in the process of repairing my bike after getting taken out at Homestead. I'm changing the shape of some of the body while I'm at it and doing a whole new scheme... Pics soon.
Good luck. The repair and prep work is a biatch...but don't quit. It will all be worthwhile after it is all painted and finished.
I did some minor work to the upper. Not sure if you can see from thes pics, but the upper has lines added going from the sides of window down to the intake. Before, it was nothing but smooth surface. Looked too bubbly to me.

·
Fear Nothing, Risk Everything
5,767 Posts
:corn
i want to see the pics on the bike

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Nice work.....looks good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.