Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

This is my first post, and im glad to say that its written on a high note. Just purchased my first R1. Picking it up tomorrow at the earliest possible time I am able to.

I bought a Blue 05. Was after the Black 06 but not available here until at least March I was told. Not that I really care now, as the one ive purchased has already stolen my heart!

Well, thats all I wanted to say. Too much excitement to think of anything else.

Cheers,
eikcam.

·
Know Your Role!!
1,032 Posts
:jump

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FIXTITS said:
congrat's ! ...if ya dont mind me askin>how did you do on the otd
price?
I had a few quotes.. ranging from just under $20k to around $17500. then a mate ask'd a friend who ask'd another friend and i ended up getting it for just over $16k including on road costs.

Thats the best price I could find. Im sure someone will post saying I got ripped but i care not :hellobye

Got it for around $4k less than I expected to pay so hee ha to me! :p

·
ryongchoi is my bitch...
5,456 Posts
congrats on the purchase..but I had a question..it seems like you originally wanted the black 06..but you got a blue 05 instead. Couldn't you have just bought a black 05? :confused: I mean..how different would they be really? i mean..you did end up getting an 05 anyway..and they did make black 05 r1s.. :dunno

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlaziN R1 said:
congrats on the purchase..but I had a question..it seems like you originally wanted the black 06..but you got a blue 05 instead. Couldn't you have just bought a black 05? :confused: I mean..how different would they be really? i mean..you did end up getting an 05 anyway..and they did make black 05 r1s.. :dunno
I tried 2 dealerships and there are no black 05's in the country apparently. I had them both trying to get me one without any success.

I am a fan of the blue anyway, black was just a nice change.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Antirave said:
welcome mate...Im from Adelaide too

which dealer did you go too?
16 including on road is cheap for a brand new 05 i think..
I went to Yamaha World just over the bridge on South Rd.

Great bunch of blokes.

I never really had any faith in the "friend of a friend of a friend" discount chain, but it actually worked a treat.

·
Speed, it's all relative...
120 Posts
Antirave said:
welcome mate...Im from Adelaide too

which dealer did you go too?
16 including on road is cheap for a brand new 05 i think..
Agree on the price - i got mine for $19K out the door with a few hundred in extras and the dealer was crying about the sale.

Good deal.

R.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.