Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
and its not even 2008 yet !

was riding up in kalba (mountain area).. handling a curve after a tunnel and i see this rock in my lane.. i figured i could go left or right.. i thought left, but then there was this pothole left ahead of the rock.. so i figure i go right.. but it was too late and ended up smacking into the concrete dividers.. between the lanes.. scratched the left of the bike.

really stupid mistake !

the radiator leaked, even though it doesn't seem damaged.

i feel so sad for the bike.. :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

the other side is spotless

i got a deep cut on my left leg, abrasions on my left/right ankles, shin, left arms & lateral back (looks like a nebula - black, blue, red & white). multiple injuries on both hands

jacket & helmet saved my life ! now i gotta scoot around in a wheel chair !

weird thing was, i never misplace my keys. but this morning i literally spent 2 hours looking for any 1 of the 3 keys i got with the bike..

been riding for years and i knew this day was coming.. i had to fall once

cant wait for me & the bike to get on the road again.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
well you are typing this message so thats the good part. the bike can be fixed. The only thing you should be doing fast is fixing the bike. Slow down and ride safe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
sorry about ur ride, heal up and get the bike fixed up.

oh yea, where did ya score the killer tie downs in the pics? would like to pick up a pair. ha ha

dad called in some people while I was in the hospital getting stitched up. apparently those guys lifted the bike into the pickup truck and tied it down the best way they could figure.

I haven't seen the bike, but i'm told the front tyre & forks are bent aswell.

It always could be alot worse, put some framesliders on that thing it still would get some rash though.

I had bought the sliders like 2 days ago with a xenon kit.. but i was too excited about the xenon lights. spent the whole day installing the lights. rode the bike at night and next morning took it to the mountains. i wish i had installed the sliders. they might have saved my leg a bit aswell.

it took me a while to get the sliders cause i couldn't decide on which ones i needed to install.. there's two of them at the yamaha dealer. one of them requires a hole in the fairing and the others go above the pegs.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
Is this your first bike? How old are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good to see you made it through!

Hey, I've done that three times over the last 30 years of riding. It happens. Good riding gear will save your existence most of the time as long as you get a chance to slide.

Yep, you're right. Keep thinking about riding again. Because you know you will. I have!

·
I Ride Alone.
2,491 Posts
that looks like an 07 r1, isn't that grey?

Exactly what I was thinking, looks like my charcoal silver. Thought that was replaced by black for the 2008 model.

·
My R1 excites me...
267 Posts
I agree, from the pics that looks to be an '07 charcoal. '08 is only offered in blue, red, and black here in the states.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think it's a U.S. model.
i'm here in dubai (middle east). they go with european models.. the US models have this sweet red, but the red they offered here was that red/white.

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/...sport/yzf_r1.jsp?view=explorer&subview=colour

US black is completely black
european black is charcoal gray (as they call it)

@MANOWAR

I started with a Yamaha 100RX (100 cc)
moved onto a honda 750 magna
and then a '04 R1
recently i moved to dubai and bought the '08

Healing really sucks.. i wish i had worn the protective pants. upper body is fine. legs are messed up.

·
Registered
357 Posts
glad to hear your ok. get that leg and bike of yours fixed and hit the road again. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.